1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New a Linea Classic - Length Reduced

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Manilruben, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    After the suspension issue i had a long chat with the senior engineer he tells me that the new Linea Classic will have a reduced length like the SWIFT DEZIRE and hes has also confirmed that the release is slated by end june.

Any comments
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow great news..we hope that after reducing length under 4 mtrs linea wont look ugly and awkward like dzire..Linea classic is going to give tough competition to Amaze,Manza and Dzire..seesm fiat is launching Linea Classic,Tjet and Abarth together..
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm....Good news, but i am wondering about delaying it to June End. Hope its not too late for FIAT to amaze the amaze ;)
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

If I am not wrong the current Linea were to be the Classic in future and there would be All new Linea replacing the current. If classic (shortened) is coming in June then are we seeing All new Linea soon or 2014 ? :) Bring it on !

Hey but if Linea were to be shortened( to compete with Dzire) , say reduce boot dimensions still it would be greater than 4m going by Punto's length.
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I think for this wheel base also has to be reduced which is pretty challenging for Fiat.
    Lets see...
    1 person likes this.
  6. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I think the news is not true. Even if it's coming then its for sure it won't come in june-end. If they were going to launch it in june-end, The test mules have been caught till now but there is no news of that. It might take some more months. :geek:
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Reminds me of book we used to read in junior school - Flights of fantasy! :D

If ever Fiat want to create a Dejire type car , they will paste a small boot on the Punto rather than hacking up the Linea. It's easier said than done.

Cheers
    7 people like this.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Linea classic ? Is it coming with VGT to compet with Amaze & Vista D90?
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would take this news with a truck load of salt. It will be a difficult job for Fiat to get the perfectly designed sedan to reduced it under 4m. I haven't heard any news of this classic version from my sources.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Haha. Too much salt is bad for B.P. , Krishna :p

Cheers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.