1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 3 years warranty query

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Cubbie, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Friends, booked a Linea dynamic 2012 model, which by default comes with 2 years+2 years extended warranty.

but now, my argument is why not 3 years + extended warranty? Because that is the current policy of FIAT India.

Pls suggest asap. Thanks ever so much!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Your logic is good. But, I doubt. If you are ready to pay the cost similar to the 2013 model, they may offer you 3+2 warranty. :)

Discuss with your dealer.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Cubbie, Any car sold after 1st april 2013 is by default eligible for 3+2 years warranty, irrespective of the make year.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Is this new 3 year warranty applicable for existing owners or is there option for extending the existing 2 years to 3years ?
  5. Srinivasangb

Srinivasangb

Chennai
    the news according to the link below, they have mentioned 3+2 years but when i checked with RDC chennai dealer, he said this is not applicable for 2012 models, did anyone buy 2012 model after April. How can we get this benefit.

http://www.fiat-india.com/docs/pdf/FIAT_Press_Release_Mumbai_10th_April2013.pdf

6. Only new owners will be benefited, we existing owners cant opt for 3 years of extended warranty as of now, maybe in the future if fiat decides to pass on the benefit to its loyal customers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

In that case, there seems to be a disconnect as to what Fiat is saying and what the dealers are doing. Not good. It should be he sale date and not the model date. If that is the case Fiat should have ensured that all the inventories lying with dealers are exhausted before they began the campaign

A customer walks into a showroom in 2013 to buy the current model / offers and not shopping around for old and discounts. The offers should be current and not two different kinds. The discounts can vary but what the company offers nation wide should be followed uniformly.

Abdul

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thats always the case . No one gives retrospective warranties however loyal the customer may be Every day is a new day which presents itself with new challenges, opportunities, offers, smiles and tears.

Abdul
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I wonder if we can put this as a query on a mail to FIAT? And seek clarification?
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Why not? its a good idea to put this query to FIAT to seek clarification.
    My understanding is irrespective of the model/make the offer should be applicable after the date mentioned.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Query solved
    I called up fiat helpline and they said all cars sold as of April 2013 qualifies for 3 year or 1 lakh km warranty.

Unsolved query : Apart, we can also go for extended warranty too=> So 5 years in total with one lakh km as stop? Or extended warranty has diferent limitation on miles covered?