1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 2013 T-Jet vs Remapped 1.4 FIRE Linea Emotion

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Maxtor, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Google it, it's usually the first result and website should have product and contact details.

I started this thread for Team Fiat members like you, so you're welcome! Fastlove's comments have added more value to the thread with his own experience with the solution - after all I think he has driven far more than me.

I am a happy Linea owner(of 1.4 Fire) thanks to such a solution. Drives are a pleasure and sluggishness even as a thought never occurs to me post solution. Car is very smooth in addition to a super torque and better pickup. Like Fastlove mentioned, change in torque can completely change the driving experience since you don't need to change gears so often.

Don't know whether I had mentioned this but due to less gear change the mileage increased by at least 1 km per litre. So in one way the expense pays back for itself over due course of time.

Let me share my plight before this solution was applied, though I have written a bit about it in the first post. The car was so sluggish, especially compared to all other cars that used to effortlessly pull forward and block the space in front of me - that I used to actually bang the steering wheel in pure frustration. I once even broke down inside the car like a fat boy falling behind his peers while walking with them...

If there were no solutions I would have sold the car after a maybe a year of ownership(like many actually did) and bought another car. So you can say, in one way, that I am a Fiat loyalist only due to this solution because since I am happy with the performance of the car I am in fact thinking of keeping it for some more years. Other than sluggishness there were some issues that I faced in the beginning, some recorded here in this Forum, but yes sluggishness was the main issue. I don't usually keep a car with me for more than 3-4 years but I don't mind owning this one for some more years if everything goes well.

Hey man you seem to have missed the point I think - if you really did miss it and want to see what you missed read the entire thread again. :)
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Figures from my recent trip to goa and with an average speed of 64kmph

ydety3u6.jpg 6y7uhy8u.jpg

The overall trip of about 1200km, the FE was 16kmpl including the local drive inside goa and journey back home. All thanks to the remap + AIR and I m nearing 90000km mark.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No Sir. I have read the thread and I am not missing anything. You have started with comparing a remapped 1.4 FIRE with the T-Jet. You have stated after remapping, your car feels like the T-Jet, "Feels like", being the key word. You have also stated that you also test drove the T-Jet, just to be sure. Now please do clarify my doubt.

How can a NA engine with 90 PS @6000 RPM and 115 Nm @ 5000 RPM, remapped to 100 PS and 128 Nm, feel like a car that is 114 PS 207 Nm Bone stock? Not to mention that the peak torque comes in at 2250 RPM.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. On a lighter note.

You are a keyboard warrior unlike me a voice warrior ,bhp doesn't matter torque is what matters with that statement any 35 Hp tractor will have more torque.
    My next buy would be tractor for sure,I will see if that can be remapped by some one:)
  5. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Actually this thread may not be in your comfort zone since you already own a T-Jet as per what you have on your profile. I have said and explained everything in detail as far as I could - mainly for the benefit of Fire 1.4 owners. Too bad you may not be able to drive one that has been remapped - that would have been the only way to know. Can't help you there.

Voice warrior, keyboard warrior?...I don't understand these terms since I don't spend hours on Forums - have other work to do. Neither am I interested in the definitions but...are you calling me some sort of names? You have taken a nasty dig and tried to make fun of what is written and that too a helpful piece of advice for those it matters.

Making fun of what other members have written is against Forum rules!! Don't put your forum account at risk for petty reasons.

If you find what I have written difficult to digest for whatever reason just click the back button, so simple...

I have actually closed this thread but people are still posting - I don't mind that at all. But...Please don't be nasty or impolite on this thread, or anywhere on the Forum for that matter. It is a helpful thread for all those who need information like this. Also a great Forum with some great members, why spoil it?? If you are not comfortable or want to argue for the sake of it or some other agenda just click away from the thread.

I am also sure the MODS are looking at the thread and can take suitable action accordingly. Also MODS - Please close this thread. As OP I have finished with my thread and answers. Thanks!
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You got me wrong there Maxtor. I agree with everything you have posted. Remapping a 1.4 FIRE would definitely make it immensely more pleasurable to drive. The only point I disagree with you is this - "Remapping a 1.4 FIRE will make it as good as a T-Jet". It will not buddy. The T-Jet is a different beast altogether.

If I tell you that a remapped T-Jet will be as good as a Subaru Impreza WRX, would you agree with me? Think about it.

OTOH - You want to say "since you already own a T-Jet as per what you have on your profile". You cannot even be bothered to look at any of my other threads to see if that is true. But you expect everyone here to agree to your findings, without any discussion. Does that really sound fair to you?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Time to pull the guillotine on this thread. Locked.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.