1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 2013 T-Jet vs Remapped 1.4 FIRE Linea Emotion

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Maxtor, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    ^^^ Thanks for the appreciation! I just passed on information that I thought many will find useful whether they go in for a change or not. A car with a super slow pickup can be a pain with almost all new models having a decent pick up. Who wants to be left behind as the last car after moving from standstill either at a traffic light or a traffic jam. You lose time and not to mention your ego!

I don't have any idea about Palio. Best thing to do is to contact these guys. Kiirus has a website where all the information is given. So does Pete's - they are the 2 most popular ones, you can ignore the rest. If you do a Google search you will get information about both , also don't forget to check out feedback in forums.

Well, I have nothing more to add on this thread - hope it provided some value to those who read it.

Moderators - Please close this thread.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Do you have nay plans of getting turbo fitted and adujusting the maps?
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Actually never came across this thread till today.

Mine was one of the first Linea 1.4 remapped by kiirus @29000 odd km in early 2010. Today , after having clocked 85000+km I have nothing new to say but quote exactly what maxtor has mentioned in his opening post on this thread. And maxtor, just for you, you will just keep loving the experience of driving with this remap, I do.

I just completed a 5000km mumbai-manali-mumbai trip in my linea with awesome power on the road to blow away all cars being mentioned on this thread. Let me be humble enough to admit that:p:cool: (I had parked my linea at solang near manali and didn't risk driving her to leh as we took the trecherous manali-leh route in early June )

Coming back to topic, Maxtor has just mentioned an option for someone who is looking at extracting a little extra from the stock Fire 1.4 at a small cost . An improvement that compares to a Tjet.

And then there are opinions pouring in that imagine what a Tjet can do after the remap (and some even mjd comparisons coming in :cool:) )

Here, maxtors post was just to share a first hand experience for hundreds who own a stock linea 1.4 and what more they can extract from it.

And more importantly it's not about bhp, but the torque that matters most .

Just to sum up my remap experience let me again repost the coverage my car got in the magazine Dreamcarz in 2010.

Disclaimer-I have not sold a single kiirus tune in last 3yrs and don't intend to do either. Just that these discussions just gets the keyboard warriors to the fore and the battle ensues on the forum.

I rather silently drive and enjoy my car with my mods than debate with keyboard warriors on the net.

namy9y2u.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1375989139024.jpg

Btw, my car was driven on palm beach road in navi mumbai by Bunny Punia(editor-gaadi.com) who was the editor of the magazine, then.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    My apologies on returning to the thread late. Visit forums less due to shortage of time.
    I have absolutely no plans whatsoever. I had a problem with the pick up/torque, got and implemented the solution - end of story. This thread is for others' benefit - costs a comparatively small amount for a proper solution than selling off Fire 1.4 and buying T-Jet. Seriously not worth it if there is a good solution. My sympathies with anyone who might have done so(sell Fire 1.4 and buy T-Jet just because the older car was sluggish)

Absolutely! Sharing useful content is what matters in a forum like this, not only post count.

Great idea! Maybe I should have too. Anyway I did see your mention of it earlier even before I got it done myself so you can say that it was a very accurate opinion that you gave at the time.

So why did I not keep quiet and enjoy my drive? I started this thread at about the time T-Jet was relaunched and I thought it would be useful to many if not to get it done themselves at least for the awareness of it. Anyway I was a bit surprised when some members started a sort of challenge including a mod but that's ok - India is a free democratic country and Team Fiat goes with the same values as with our great country! I think with your post above there should be no doubt about the effectiveness of such a solution after all you seem to have driven much much more than me.

*Note: OP has closed this thread*
    1 person likes this.
  5. anant raole

anant raole

nagpur
    dear maxtor, will you please let me know the address/contact no. of kiirus. i want to do the same to my fiat linea. (my contact:anantraole@gmail.com, cell:9823196241)
  6. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Maxtor and fastlove, you guys have done a brilliant job by going for this remap and sharing your experiences here. Gives owners like us a lot of hope and confidence in our cars. As you have already said, it's not easy to live with an underpowered car, especially when each and every one around you keeps on cribbing that it's underpowered and the competition has moved to better ones. I haven't decided yet to go for this or not. But at least it has given me a lot of hope. So thanks guys and please do share any other info you get about similar mods.:)
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  7. If this thread was just about remap no body would have have had problem but comparison was with TJet.
    I take exception to Fastloves comment of keyboard warriors but, i am using a touch and voice recognizing app to type this:)
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No amount of remapping can make a NA engine as good as it's Turbo sibling. If we are talking of remapping, then lets see what a remapped T-Jet is capable of :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Okay you're a voice warrior :D

Rajan, next DIY - take the power output to the international level of 150bhp without any aftermarket intervention. Only FIAT. Give in to the dark side, give in.....
    3 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have no idea how to do it. Yet :D

Rajan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.