1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 2013 T-Jet vs Remapped 1.4 FIRE Linea Emotion

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Maxtor, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    You did jump in after all to 'say something'. Nice post count by the way, looks good.

Ok so that reminds me - the diesel 90bhp Punto? That's like a remapped 'ordinary' diesel Punto as well. Fiat did give a huge price tag for the newer turbo version, but you can get the same thing with a simple Punto by remapping it. Maybe better(in performance)- this one I am guessing because I haven't been there but I have been told so by someone who knows. Now please don't come with 'fatter tyres, colorful stickers etc. and so it's better' because I am talking about performance.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No buddy, you cannot. Just a remap will not make up for the difference between a FGT and a VGT.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I know. Colourful stickers and chrome tip might ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Is anyone fiddling with the Punto's 1.2 FIRE so much that they've installed a supercharger to it?
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Instead of remapping a Tjet and endlessly mess with fiat policy buy a Skoda laura TSi and enjoy the magical power.
    2 people like this.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    And then remap the Laura :dance
    5 people like this.
  7. Yes only at top end after 160 kmph FGT will have its wastegate opened and be running with out extraboost of turbo but VGT will keep pushing the car until 190kmph.
    If peppy drive is what you need than insted of selling 76 hp , go for remap or if vitamin M permits install hybrid turbo along with remap, which makes peace with VGT :)
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Opening of wastegate is not dependent on speed Sat. It is boost related. A boost limiter of sorts.
  9. Yes,when there is boost in 5th gear running in freeway waste gate opens up between 3500-3750 RPM once boost reaches more than 21 PSI. Speedo will be reading close to160 kmph.you can test it with a OBD scanner.
    Since VGT is controlled by ECU,it adusts the vanes keep it from reaching the max boost but yet provide usabale boost.so 90hp engine with VGT gets about 20+ kmph more top end speed.
    Above explanation is not what i wanted convey but remaping of 76hp will make the car peppy until 160kmph.
    But switching to a dynamic turbo will make it even playing field.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Maxtor,
    You have done a great and sincere job of giving information to those who are unhappy with the initial lag in their FIATs (especially) and they have a reason to celebrate now with a simple though critical modification in their power train. I don't think the age of the engine is a concern here because in our environmental conditions normally the juicy age of the car is not more than 5 years. So I appreciate your efforts to bring smile on the faces of many 1.4Linea owners.

I know the feeling of being helpless on road when you give way to others when you could also pass at the same moment......I'm talking of Palio1.1 Stile, bought it when 1.3 was not launched then, but still enjoyed the ride-quality and rest of it (sorry to bother you, can any thing be done to it to make it eradicate that feeling...!).

Yes, I've learnt a lesson but still continue to be a FIAT-Lover. Now, I can not repeat the mistake, enjoying my "SnowLeopard" to the maximum.

Drive Safe.
    S A SHAH
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.