1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 2013 T-Jet vs Remapped 1.4 FIRE Linea Emotion

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Maxtor, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Within the city, none of the mentioned cars can match the TJet (assuming that driving ability is same). On a straight road, City/Altis/Civic may get ahead. Personally I have not seen Civics going above 130kph on the Yamuna Expressway. Atleast from mentioned cars, TJet would be the pick - Cruze and Laura are only cars within 15 lacs that can beat TJet
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    +1 over and over again.

From my experience at the BIC, the Verna's (CRDI) and City Vtecs didn't even get close. Outright acceleration was comparable for the Verna, but the handling, braking capabilities on the Jet meant that I was leaving them in my wake quite easily. Vento TDI was able to keep up however for the most part (obviously in the hands of a capable driver). Civic should be able to outrun the Jet in a straight shootout - its a sweet free revving Honda. Altis is a freaking boat - I would never want to drive one to its limit (scares the hell out of me).

To your question, it will be tough finding a petrol sedan in the same segment to outwit the Jet in a shootout.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. I agree to Kirrus said But wait did i make mistake by quoting 150 HP figures ? No way sir. Linea Tjet with 1.4 ltr engine is giving 150 hp stock in brazil.
    Also in Brazil Linea is available with a 1.4 L 16v T-Jet engine with 152 PS (112 kW; 150 hp), the same engine used in Fiat Grande Punto Abarth in Europe, capable of using only petrol, as this engine is imported.
    Fiat Linea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If i had space to park , I would have got one of the Tjet and enjoy the automobile nirvana.As Gurjinder once said some where"forced induction engines can make insane amount power"
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Maxtor even Petes also does Remapping apart from the tuning box. After going through several forums I believe that it is a misconception we have that remaps cannot be detected. It is possible for the FIAT technicians to find out the number of flashes done on your ECU, but not by an ordinary technician in FASS. Yes the ECUs does have a counter kind of thing. This was confirmed to me by a FIAT technician. Sorry dont have sources to claim that my statement is true. My another question is the durability of engine . Once you do a remap it would naturally add more stress on mechanicals. The entire life of engine will be affected. Where as in the case of T-Jet the engine has been rigorously tested by FIAT & it is tuned for Indian conditions. So I think it would add to better life of Engine.

Remapping does not involve a physical re-chip as with older vehicles and it will not be apparent on first-glance that your car is remapped. Infact, unless there appears to be a problem when a diagnostic scan is run, or on the first test drive, we don't even need to open the bonnet. However, there are many tuning companies online who state that their remaps are "undetectable" and this simply isn't true. While it may not be physically apparent it is relatively easy to find out by comparing the contents of the ECU with a standard one, by verifying the checksum (a value calculated against the contents of the ECU), and by taking the vehicle for a test drive and taking some logs of the data provided by the ECU. Remapping is NOT undetectable, and don't let anyone tell you different.

Source:- http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/tuning-faq.asp
    2 people like this.
  5. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Can a remap of 1.4 Fire bring so much difference to performance? I own one and the only grouse I have is the lack of power. My warranty would be over by november so would like to know more about remaps and other mods. I have seen many people in various forums running remaps and Petes boxes but I am yet to come across anyone facing issues due to these mods. Does petes offer remaps for 1.4 fire? I don't think kiirus is avaliable in cochin.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  6. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    From what I understand these guys(Kiirus) don't tune a car to the very outer limits where there can be a risk of any sort of issue. Also there can be any sort of trouble only with bad maps and it depends on who has done it for your car. It is only when there is a failure or a major issue that workshop folks try(note try) to get into more details and may(note may) run a scan on the ECU.I have gathered that there are no such tools with dealers - that is believable (!)

I guess Kiirus does 100s of cars including Jaguars, Mercedes and so they are an old experienced hand at tuning. Also, any chance of a failure comes if you're running a 'rally car' that you may be using for races etc. Or maybe even rash driving including running at senseless speeds on highways. Seriously, tuning, whether it be of any company or type, is for level headed people only who know how to drive safe on the roads. I never drive fast unless needed and can be done safely - have been driving safe since the 80s...

I don't think that a T-Jet has too much differentiation compared to an ordinary Linea with respect to mechanicals or electricals. Even though they may have tested it for many miles in various conditions. Well, so have I and I am writing this after a 2-year ownership experience with it, not a few days after installing it in a fit of euphoria.

@Octane - Well time you did something about it like I did :). That's what this thread is about - my experience and how I turned a sluggish car into a car with good pick up and torque. Check out Kiirus and Pete's those seem to be the 2 most popular tuning setups. Get in touch with either of them. Whatever you do drive safe and be happy that you can pull your (elephant)Linea out of slow traffic without hatchbacks and sedans flying in while you struggle to 'pick up'. If you can manage to do this yourself without buying a T-Jet you save money with nothing much lost.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Maxtor,

You cannot compare naturally aspirated engine with forced induction via turbo chargers,other wise what is the need for turbo chargers.
    Your remaped car may be good to drive but remapped Tjet can be even more fun to drive.i will rest my case with this.

-sat
    1 person likes this.
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    To put it slightly differently , any car is fun to drive as long as you are having fun driving it :)

I had a lot of fun driving my 1.4L petrol Logan with all of 75HP and that took around 3 days to reach 100 km/hr. Everytime you wanted to do a 0-100 test you had plan out your route , book hotels on the way and take a couple of days off from work.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Purpose of the thread was not prove that any bone stock performance is better. Purpose of the thread is to show the common man especially one with a 'plain' Linea that he need not get disillusioned with the sluggishness of the Linea and that he can change the circumstances for himself. So no need to throw your Linea away and buy a T-Jet(yes I know of people who have done that. I also know of many people, maybe they are not Forum members, but they were just not satisfied with Linea Fire's performance and changed their car for others brands instead. The 2nd hand market is full of old Fire Lineas disposed off by their owners).

It is also to give an idea or two to anyone who wants to choose between a cheap(really good value)petrol Linea and an exorbitantly priced T-Jet. Ok so that was until a few days ago - so now you get T-Jet at Linea prices but then the 'plain' or 'base' Linea prices will go down by a couple of lakhs and Fiat's unsold stock will keep it alive for at least 1 year - that is the exact reason(unsold petrol Linea stock taking up precious space) why the T-Jet has been relaunched or repriced, whichever you might choose to believe.

I have not claimed any theory here and neither do I have any aspiration to claim any theory as my own. I believe more in action than in mere theory. This is a completely non-commercial and honest piece of experience, one with which a lot of Linea Fire-engine car owners will identify themselves with. I request that this not be treated as a 'challenge' thread because it definitely is not. I hope you get it.

I have driven both Linea Fire petrol(own one) and T-Jet(test drives) and I feel there is no difference in performance. Obviously no one will get a test drive of a remapped car and I hope this thread with my 2 years experience with a remap proves useful. Rest of course is your decision - there is no harm with living with a sluggish car if you choose to. And if anyone wants to bring tools, gadgets, reports and analysis into the picture then you must be having a lot of time. I don't, since I have a large business to run so I can only support such an amazing initiative with just my good wishes.

I am not challenging any T-Jet owners either. They undoubtedly bought a good car and they may have definitely not known the remap 'secret' that I have written about when they bought their T-Jets.

The additional features compared to the erstwhile Emotion Pack were not mouth watering enough or else believe me I would have bought a T-Jet instead of a doing a remap. That's the point.

- - - Merged Post - - -

PS - Anyway I made my contribution with my experience to help any present or future owners. I don't write too much in Forums having little time so I will keep the thread open for a day more for any genuine help or questions and then request mods to close the thread.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Maxtor , I think all of us appreciate you sharing your experience with us :) . As a TJet owner , all I have to say is this - to me it is purely academic whether your car outperforms mine ! In fact , if you ever zoom past me in your remapped FIRE , I will be nothing but delighted. Because as a fellow-enthusiast/FIAT lover you have gone the extra mile and possibly taken the extra risk of getting the remap done while I am still driving a stock car. No sense of competition there :D
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.