1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New 2013 T-Jet vs Remapped 1.4 FIRE Linea Emotion

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Maxtor, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well, waiting for ABARTH to come in and provide the remap for the TJet. It would be one awesome beast then

With the current beast, a few months back the TJet managed to give the BMW 520d a run for the money on NH1 - the guy must have have been wondering how a car almost 1/5th the price of the Beamer is able to cope up with it!!
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Theoretical assumptions aside, firstly you have to factually prove that the remapped Fire 1.4 is actually beating the bone stock T-Jet in performance matters. I stress bone stock because if someone puts a remap on the T-Jet it will be Hasta La Vista, Baby on any test whatsoever.

This is not an invitation to street racing but testing and comparing performance parameters.

Using professional equipment like the VBOX , atleast get the two compared in aspects like accleration roll-on tests. I'm not a big fan of 0-100 tests as they are only good for brownie points.

Do some 2nd / 3rd / 4th and top gear roll-on tests from various speeds using professional equipment and post the results here and then we can talk.

Else, i can similarly claim a theory that "on an isolated piece of road", even the remapped 1.4 will run out of breath when competing with the Multijet Linea. We all know what the Multijet is capable of when the speeds go above legal limits and the road is open and empty.

This is forgetting ALL the additional features that you get in the Jet. Else, 4 wheel discs+ ABS + EBD on the BASE model Tjet @7.60 Delhi ex-showroom is a reason enough to buy it. :)

Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Which reminds of a question I have been meaning to ask for some time - strictly in terms of pedal-to-metal driving on the streets , can anyone clarify how the TJet compares to other cars ? ( Yes , i don't know yet , I admit) :oops: I know for a fact that it can run around in circles against most petrol sedans in its class.. what about similar diesel sedans e.g. Vento , Verna or the Honda city for that matter. What about petrol sedans a segment above e.g. Civic , Altis ?

I only ask so that I can pick my battles better :)
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    Leave the battles for the race-track, not the public roads. ;)

Safety first.
    4 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks to me like another should or should not remap battle.

Let me jump in as well :-D
    Appreciating the New old T-jet is something that is lacking here. one needs to take a T-jet and just leave it at that.
    Remap is something that anyone can do and that does not mean that the stock car is incapable or is any less attractive!.

I can always fit in a 1.9D on my punto and say T-jet is a waste, but that's not the point. Honour it for what its giving you, which is a petrol turbo-charged beauty that can cause nightmares to more expensive cars
  6. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I though of that when T-Jet was launched after the happy thought that my cheaper car is as good as a T-Jet. But the Kiirus guy had explained something to me when I spoke to him about another car that had a good pick up and torque. Not all cars may show the same kind of increase in torque and pick up. So T-Jet may or may not get the same effects if remapped.

I don't know, I never had to use one.

No did not dyno before or after. Don't even know how it's done actually.

May exist but after seeing many Tata/Fiat and exclusive Fiat workshops I will not be bothered about it. My feeling is neither would they.

Good question. Probable answer - so that they can bring in a T-Jet at a higher price after doing a remap, throw in fatter tyres, chrome exhaust and a few more bells and whistles. And whistle all the way to the bank. While all that you could have done was to spend Rs 21k and get it done yourself.

Quite true and I have experienced in the last 2 years

- - - Merged Post - - -

T-Jet is not a waste. It is an excellent car, better than the ordinary Linea. If you had money and bought it at Rs 10L plus - good decision. But I found a way to make do with a Rs 7.60L on-road priced, sluggish car and made it run like a T-Jet. I could have also put a chrome exhaust, 16 inch tyres and got all kinds of bells and whistles if I had needed it to make it more like a T-Jet but I didn't need them.

Now, if you want to buy a T-Jet at Rs 7.50L or whatever price it is selling in your city go ahead. But you can get the same thing(well almost, except the chrome exhaust, fatter tyres etc) with your existing Linea and if you don't have one by buying the older model which will definitely sell for at least one more year before they discontinue it(I guessed that they must be having a large amount of unsold stock going by the Linea sales figures).
    1 person likes this.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fastlove here in the forum is already having Kirrus remapped linea 1.4 i guess.
    And patchyboy's friend, whose Tjet met with an accident in blore, long back, was having a tune o tronics remapped Tjet with close to 150hp i guess.
    Would be good, if they can also join in the discussion !!
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Every single day, driving in Bangalore traffic for 40 kms, I let the likes of M800, i10 and even a Nano on one occasion pass me. The only reason being - I know that my car is way more powerful than theirs, I also know that it would just take a gentle push on the A pedal to leave them biting the dust, more importantly, I am acutely aware of their braking power, or the lack thereof. I do not want to create an impression that I am challenging their manhood, lest they try racing me and crash. With great power comes great responsibility.

Having said that, when the road is open and visibility is good, not to mention divided, then I don't mind enjoying the power of the Jet. Remapping - Yes, definitely on the list, provided low end torque can be improved. I don't care much for higher HP. Get a OBDII scanner and check for yourself. You will be shocked to realize that you barely use 50% of the power available - Bone Stock.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    6 people like this.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Even I also treat all Car as Aston Martin, Bike & Scooter as BMW and Cycle as AUDI, But I realised above after one year of ownership. Now I am am very happy and don't bother the unnecessary Honk from others.

If I have learnt above after the Car purchase itself :(.
    3 people like this.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Fastlove and his Linea are near Ladakh right now. :)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.