1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Never Used Features of our Fiat's!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pabhishek, May 2, 2014.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1.Spare wheel
  2. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    * Never used the 'deactivate rear power window' button.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    + 1
    Also, I've never engaged the child lock in the rear doors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pretty interesting thread, its good to know about all the technology that is embedded in Punto Emotion and have used majority of the features that were listed above. Yes few of them like Follow Me Headlamps are used rare, but very handy when you are in village atmosphere and you are heading straight to your house located few meters from parking space and its dark all over.
    For guys who use Lumia phones (Windows Phone), the Blue & Me works really great as the compatibility is perfect; whenever I receive a SMS, Punto asks whether to read the SMS and when replied affirmatively, it does (sweet voice too, but SMS in Hindi language sounds funny at times).
    Also worth talking are the Voice Commands, not much used to call from phonebook as lots of Indian names sounds similar.
  5. rakesh kushwaha

rakesh kushwaha Timido

Kothrud, Pune
    Its great to know that Nokia lumia phones are working with B&M message reader. Do all new lumia models compatible for this? Though its good news since i had not heard any recent smart phones fully working with B&M. :clapping

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is something very new to me.. i never knew.:p Surly i will try out this in my linea
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Never used follow me head lamps feature....
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Surprised to see ABS on the list. I use it everyday literally. It normally kicks in even at low speeds on lose gravel.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Are you sure it kicks in at low speeds on loose gravel? My car usually locks up at slow speeds with minimal application of brake! Its quite scary at times!
    Check the pic. The car was at less than 10kmph, I pressed the brake pedal ever so slightly, the wheels locked up and I was reduced to being a mere passenger for the next few feet! I wonder what would've happened if there were to be a person or a vehicle in my path!

Ps- that said, even I was surprised to see ABS mentioned as being an unused feature!! There have been many instances where ABS has acted as my guardian angel! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1399393150794.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399393471100.jpg
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    It does activate but as you mentioned it is not very effective and scary in loose gravel. In most cases,Braking distance of an abs equipped vehicle is a lot more in loose gravel than a vehicle without abs. But again, the ability to steer away from the obstacle is what abs offers.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Never used features in my 1.3MJD Punto Emotion, which I could have (leaving out the features triggered by safety systems):

1. fuel lid opening string
    2. Tow hook
    3. CD player/AM
    4. Rear center seat belt
    5. Key slot in the driver side door handle
    6. Message reader (as it doesn't work with my phone)
    7. Multiple BT phone pairing
    8. Never kept the steering at the highest position

Rarely used
    1. voice commands for dialing numbers (frequently use it for shuffle on/off)
    2. Turn off passenger airbag
    3. Defogger
    4. Follow me home head lamps
    5. Speed limit buzzer ;-)
    6. Head light level adjustment
    7. Front map lights control for use on driver/passenger side alone