1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Never in my life will buy a fiat again!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by samanth passi, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    I have two fiat's with me and i know how much problems do these cars create and top it all fiat keeps on sleeping over the issues and does not help the comsumer!!Ever second or the third day either of the two have something going wrong in them!!!I feel cheated when i get to know the kind of prices fiat is charging and the quality and duration these spares with stand!!! I can give you a example my esteem did 180000 kms and i20-50000kms and till date there a/c is working wonders and on them other hand it's been 1 year since the a/c is not working in my linea, sometimes the pipes can not stand the pressure and that to which cost Rs36,000,when i got the pipes fixed fan stopped working,when i got the fan into working conduction, the cooling coil is now under question!!!I have already spend around Rs10,000 and still think more will go into it,brakes need to be changed ever @ 20,000 kms(which cost 4000 in TASS),my esteem brakes costs around 750 tvs which could work for 50,000 kms!!!fiat charge high and in return give low quality standards in there spare's!!!

Now the case with punto
    It's a new car done around 22,000 kms,there are a whole lot of problems in it.
    1.A/c cooling is lower then the other cars in it's section.
    2.Very bumpy ride,
    3.When ever there is speed breaker it jumps like hell!!!!! And it looks like the whole back-side part of the car is just going to come out on road.
    3.Fuel sensor has stopped working< original cost around 8500>
    4.Noise coming from steering wheel.
    5.BCM stopped working automatically@15,000kms(paid 4000 to fiat just to get it repaired)
    5.Very low average of around 10-12 kmpl!! (that to achieved using system d)
    6.Blue and me stops working(no media found).
    7.I could not get my vehicle serviced according to time period so global do not pass my extended warranty claims,despite TASS checking my vehicle on Regular intervals,when my vehicle does not need a service why should i get it done,it costs me money and on the other hand my vehicle is up to date with km's period service and just on the basis my vehicle was not serviced time period wise extended warranty was not accepted,come on people when a vehicle has just done 19000kms in 3 year what do u accept me to get it serviced,it does not run!!!!Had the same issues with maruti of extended warranty but they went ahead and i got extended warranty claims, but fiat is fiat they made me very unhappy and despite me mailing and requesting them for over a month nothing happened.

I am so unhappy with fiat that i had purchased two swift's for my office last month and i did not go for punto since The after sales is very bad and expensive "be it tata or fiat handling the case".My family was once thinking we did the wrong decision to buy fiat!!!!And some what i still think the thought to be right!!!!!

Hope you all would understand!!!A car crazy person like me is so unsatisfied such that ever day there is something getting wrong in these cars, what would happen to a person who is a nerd and not has proper knowledge about the product!!!

It's natural for machines to brake down and there get fixed up but it's not natural for machines to brake down each and everyday and cause trouble!!!

I was thinking and made efforts 2 months back to sell them (linea and punto) both but the valuation were so wrong that could not do it.

God help me!!!Amen

* re posted
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For scheduled services, you dont have a choice. Whether your car is doing fine or not, all automakers stipulate that you must get your scheduled services done on time, to be eligible for extended warranty claims.

Just think of a person who has run 45k kms in nine months and thinks that he can wait until one year to do the 15k service because the car is less than one year old. I did my 15 k service when the car had done just 8k kms.
    3 people like this.
  3. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
  4. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr

i agree fiatlover,but what if a person is on travelling job and their is a genuine case ,fiat could not take this into consideration!!!
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I fully understand your situation. All I can say is try talking to FIAT directly, explaining your situation.
  6. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    i did but then also nothing happened.:(
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Well i agree,the driving pleasure offered by Fiat's cant be matched by Asian's of the same segment,but at times,the niggles take all the pleasure away.
    2 people like this.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Every car has its problem. And even every service center as well. You didnt get a good service from the FIAT means all the cars that are coming out of the factory are having such(same) issues? Yeah.. Even i had a problem with my punto from on the day 1 itself. But i have got very good service from KHT. From then i never turned back except for general services.
    I will definitely will go and buy fiat only as a 2nd vehicle. Bcoz..for me safety & ride quality is important
    1 person likes this.
  9. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    ya right akhay4384, the driving pleasure is far better, but if only they could be driven!!!:(

I love driving my linea, but can not drive due to a/c not working

And my punto as a very bumpy ride!!!
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI Support - This is ownership section, please don't post off topic posts. I have deleted few posts.

Samanth, You are from Delhi, and you posted your i20 AC is working wonders. I am raelly surprised to see this statement, people in i20, even in Bangalore, sweats a lot :).

And regarding, warranty/extended warranty condition, its pretty clear you need to do service on schedule, you like it or not. And this is applicable to Swift as well. If you are travelling or not, it doesn't matter.
    6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.