1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Never-ending Love - My Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jayakrishnakola, Jun 10, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice ownership review Jay. u have some serious driving experience!! n what are those lights in the above pic.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

thankyou!!

those are LED strip lights.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    ah!!!! the first bad news abt my car is here guys.

linea is so lovely that even buffaloes in our country cant resist themselves, it happened today while i was coming back from my native place chirala to vellore.( dad had taken linea and gave me innova to change the tyres and get a dvd system and screen fixed in the innova). i left the innova 3 days back in chirala and was returning with my linea today. stangely dad faught with me over taking his driver along with me just for company this morning, i finally agreed to him after quite some time. we left chirala at 10:40 am after having breakfast. i took the wheel untill ongole=60kms got the tank filled and tyre pressures checked to 33 exact and i dunno why but i let my driver drive and i went into the co passenger seat, reclined the seat and started surfing the internet in my phone. firstly abt my driver- he is 5foot 4 inches tall and sits very close to the steering wheel( linea is definetely not the car for him to drive), he has to have a peek over himalayas to have a watch out for pot holes on the road in case of driving my linea. about 40 mins passed and i was still surfing the internet when suddenly there was a THAK THAK KSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH noise, i didnt have to think what happened coz i knew my linea was hurt, on hearing the noise, i rose up from the seat and turned my head towards the right first watching the windscreen, then driver side window, then the rear right side window and then the rear view window, to my shock there was a tractor loaded with hay heading straight to my linea, my heart might have skipped a beat, my mouth was moving but no sound came out of it then some how i managed to shout TRACTOOOOOOOORRRRRRR, on hearin ths my driver moved the car a bit forwrd, during this movement, the tractor turned to the right and my linea missed a huge accident. but then she was still hurt, i told my driver not to stop there- we travelled some distance and stopped to check the wounds on my linea. i was shocked, the bonnet had a dent just above the head light, the right side fender had a dent along the line that comes near the bonnet and the a pillar had a bigger dent and the right side outside rear view mirror box is missing.

now what actually happened was, my driver was in the right lane doing abiut 110kmph, there was this hay tractor on the left lane, he was in the process of overtaking the tractor and in halfway through the length of the tractor, suddenly a big buffalo came towards the car like some mad maniac and hit its head against the car's right side parts that i mensioned above. and after crossing the tractor, my idiot driver came to the left lane( exactly in front of the tractor) and applied brakes. i shouted on seeing the tractor coming close to the boot and he moved the car in front slowly( he was still in a shocked state- i could understand).during this time, the tractor guy moved to the right lane.

now my dad is going to bangalore in innova tomorrow so i asked my driver to get down in nellore and catch a bus to chirala and get back to dad as dad has to drive all the way to bangalore tomorrow and that they could go through vellore and take linea along to get the surgery done on her.

it took me some time explaining my linea that it was not my fault and that i would take care of her with even more love from today.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    previously, i got a body and paint work done on linea near the fuel cap. i wasnt happy with the out come( K H T motors kundalahalli bangalore) the paint on the painted portion does not reflect images as sharply as the paint on the other part s do.

im feeling bad for loosing the originality of my linea.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    That's sad bit of news man! But these things can happen on our roads. Don't worry she will soon be back in shape. Just ensure the service center does its job properly.
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    yes now its all in the hands of the service centre
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to hear about the accident. Good that both of you are unharmed.
    I feel that the TASS paint job is a big disappointment, I had a bad experience repainting my ORVM cap. Better if you can find some more experienced local paint shops.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran same with me. Even my ORVM cap got painted at the TASS and if you have a close look, it is no where near the original. If it is other than premium color I think it is better to find a better paint shop somewhere outside.
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

but i feel local paint shops wont be able to match the colour exactly. TASS can match the paint correctly but the finish is only not good. lets see if they have improved now. and i wanted all this to cover under insurance, so im getting it done in TASS.

how are the continentals on ur punto????? even im planning on changing to yokohama c-drives with 65 profile.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    jayakrishna, color match AND finish were the issues when I did repainting from TASS, unfortunately we cant expect the same factory finish that too on a plastic surface. But I know some years back when we repainted 2 door of our Zen in metallic golden beige from a local paint shop it was excellent and it still retains the wet look, cant tell which portion was repainted. Lets hope the TASS does a good job this time.

Dry surface grip is a not that great in the case of CPC2. But unlike my initial feeling of hard rubber it is more comfortable now, it was more to do with the improper installation .
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...D-31000km-report&p=55983&viewfull=1#post55983