1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Never-ending Love - My Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jayakrishnakola, Jun 10, 2011.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Awesome... Punto is looking so rugged and stunning! What a pic wot choose as your first Punto pic and its really different :clap Great capture!
  2. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Jayakrishnakola, Firstly, congrats on the Punto :) Secondly, I have a few questions regarding the Linea , please don't mind. How much did the T-Jet's disc set cost you? Your Linea is the 2010 model, right? I heard that you are using 195/65 R15 tyres on your car. If yes, how is the performance of these tyres as compared to the stock 196/60? I'm asking because of the increased ground clearance and sidewall height. Does the tyre touch the wheel well during full turns? Please let me know as I'm planning to change tyres for my Linea shortly. Thanks
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jaya, please open a new thread on your punto.

The picture is smashing.
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

thank you....

- - - Merged Post - - -

sure ravi will do soon

- - - Merged Post - - -

i havent yet replaced the stock ones to the tjet.... they r damn costly... set of discs are some 6k and set of pads are some 5.6k almost double the price. i didnt find any difference in the performance due to the tyres bcoz linea has a top speed of 190 on the odo, and my linea did 190 even after the one lakh kms on the odo during the factory meet. so performance wise i dont think theres any problem. and the increased side wall has lots of plus points for me coz all my 4 rims are bent and with the 60 tyres i cant cross 110kmph but with these tyres, the bends in the rim are swallowed by the huge cusion of the tyres and i dont have much of a wobble and i do 160 without any wobble. also if ur rims are new u can protect them from getting bent with the 65s. and no the tyres dont touch the wheel arches when turned completely.

although the michelien tyres are a bit noisy after 120kmph. but the braking is good. and i run with 31psi on all the tyres. this is my personal R&D result after different iterations of tyre pressures for this tyre... go for yokohama decibel series tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  5. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Jay. One more question, have you installed the GC upgrade kit on your car?
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

yupp mine was the first car to which gc kit was installed from KHT motors
    1 person likes this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi JK, Superb picture of Punto. Looks like you had a lot of fun :)

One more q, in the picture i see some damage on the running board!! is it the picture (my illusion)!!
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations, Jayakrishna on the 90HP. :)
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    yupp that damagge was due to a stone in a very narrow road

- - - Merged Post - - -

thankyou....
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    update update......

my linea had its first major problem.... @ 1.07lakh kms....

the alternator got spoilt... currently its getting fixed and i hope ill get the delivery today

but there is a story to this.... it failed when i was on the way to my home town chirala.....
    i was on ongole bye pass( around 60kms from chirala)... the batttery symbol on the cluster showed up.... i knew the battery wasnt charging... it was 1030 in the night.... i knew i had to reach home asap coz if the battery drained completely i would get stranded as there wont be any supply to the ecu....

i turned off the ac, fog lamps and rolled down the windows.... and in the next 40 mins i reached home....

i had work there for almost a week and while retuning i didnt know why i thought i could make it to bangalore during daytime without lights....

just after i reached 50 kms everything in the car got off and i got stranded in the highway... but my punto came to linea's rescue... i asked my driver to bring the punto along with a 13 size and 10 size spanner... as soon as he reached, i swapped the batteries in both the cars. i had replaced the battery in my linea to a din 60 battery its a much heavy duty battery... while replacing i made sure that the punto was on and the engine running. as soon as puntos battery was in linea, the car came to life.... my driver took the car and sped off towards bangalore.... but the punto's battery being a small one.... it lasted till the next 180 kms.... the best part was, the bigger linea's battery was fully charged in the punto in this time... again i relaced the batteries and now the linea's battery being a heavy one... lasted for the next 320 kms till k.r.puram( out skirts of bangalore)....again i replaced them and got the cars home.....

folks from KHT motors came down to my house next day with a spare battery and took my linea....

so guys be careful and when the battery symbol shows up u better take it to the nearest service center asap....although guntur was close by to ongole ... i would want no one else touching my linea apart from people in KHT motors. thats why i did this drive with both the cars...

also im replacin the mounting pads in my linea for the first time.... these are the old model ones that lasted this long in my linea. and also during the 1.05 lakh service, i replaced my rotors, brake pads and rear brake shoes..... so my linea is all new new again... but i need to replace the head lam clusters soon as they have got blackened...
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    2 people like this.