1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Never-ending Love - My Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jayakrishnakola, Jun 10, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

well to start with , reading every ones reviews i thought i might as well put up mine.

firstly i never wanted to ditch my palio 1.9D:sadblue which i was truly and madly in love with.i had got it as a gift from dad during my 11th class. after covering about 145000 kms due to my dad's pressure:mrgreen:( lots of problems with the car), i had to break up for 1.2 lakhs during my 3rd year of btech. since i cannot live without driving a car:cool:, in the mean while i used my dads swift ddis for two years till my mid 4th year and being a true fiat fan and a fan of driving pleasure, i hated the swift in every possible way:eek: and this time due to my pressure dad sold the swift off after doing 78000kms.

now it was time for a new car to take care of my driving pleasure, all i wanted was a used palio multijet, since my dad doesnt like used cars and hyundai( coz we owned a santro and sice then dad is against the koreans dunno why even i hate their engineering::T). so the cars in picture were punto 90hp:D and vw polo:eek:. after test driving the polo, which i expected to be better than my previous palio, was no way close. the stability not like palio after 100kmph the brake was not so effective like palio. the only thing i liked was the strong build like palio and the seating comfort which was almost equal to palio. then
    i had a test drive of punto 90hp, though i dint feel it was as convencing as palio though it is a lot better in every way possible, i liked it better than the german polo. but then dad got up a point, "since u will be using the car only for another 6 to 8 months why put in 8 lakhs and go for a small car but put another 2 and go for a big car and i can use it after u go abrod for studies"( actually im laying my ground work to do M.S in automotive engineering ). and also we never had a sedan in the family bfore.

so the decision was made, we booked a bossa nova white linea em+ mjd on the 14th of dec 2010 and got the delivery on 27th of dec. i took the delivery myself, thanks to KHT motors and deepak without whom i would have to wait another month or so for a new batch of stock to arrive.

the very first day after getting the car home, i was given a work by my mom but she insisted me not to take the car out on work unless we get the puja done( which was due next morning). i couldnt resist staying without driving the car so i went upstairs to my room and had a quick shower and i bet u guys that is indeed the fastest shower in my life.. i came down stairs and took the keys and went for a ganesha temple near home and got the puja done then itself and carried on with my moms work. i came back home and saw my mom smiling at me, i later took mom out for a spin in the car to an icecream parlour called mama mia in indiranagar.

the very next morning i went to stanley and got the whole job done. i waited there till evening and was watching my car all the time. it took 8 hrs for the whole job to be completed.

since i had to stay light on the throttle during the run in period, i made 3 quick trips back to back bangalore to chirala( my native in andhra 580 kms from bangalore) but still i was short another 1000 kms so i just dint stay at home the first week. it took me exactly 10 days to complete my 3000kms and after the first service, i started making trips along with my friends i dunno how time passed but right now im into the 6th month of my purchase and i've completed 32000kms and ive just got the servive done during 29k kms and i also got a high fuel efficiency of 29.1kmpl for 173kms that ive posted in the max fuel efficiency thread.

i recently had an opportunity to drive my old palio that my dad sold it to one of his friend's cousin and i was all tears that evening. after making some calls to fiat and with some high level of explanation to my dad, he has agreed to sell my yamaha r15 and book the new multijet palio( for which i have to wait a period of 6 months after booking- "MAKE ON ORDER" maybee). but im only planning on doing this if i get a color option of cherry red or black. im planning on holding on to this one life long and dad will hold on to the 1.3 mjd till the 1.6 releases and also due to the soft clutch. the clutch in his innova is giving him a knee pain .he now has a personal driver.

well ill also give the list of cars that we owned

1)maruthi omni 1996-2003 172800kms ( learnt driving in it)
    2)hyundai santro 2003-2005 48000kms ( used to drive a stretch of 60 kms when dad used to drop me in hostel during my 9th class)
    3)mahindra scorpio turbo 2.6 2004-2006 72000kms ( same, used to drive that same 60 kms on my school road during 10th)
    4)maruthi omni 2005-2007 38000kms ( dint drive much in it )
    5)FIAT PALIO 1.9D 2005-2010 145000kms ( drove for almost more than a lakh in it)
    6)mahindra scorpio crde 2.6 2006-2007 42000kms ( used for almost 10000kms)
    7)toyota innova 2007- till date 168000kms ( almost 1/3rd of it would have been used by me )
    8) maruthi swift 2008-2010 78000kms ( almost all of it was my driving)
    9) maruthi alto 2008- till date 12000kms ( i dont like it so never drove it much apart from one round trip from chirala to bangalore and back)
    10)FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD 2010 dec- till date 32000kms ( every km in this car belongs to me as of now apart from my dad just checking the car on a trip to chirala)

my two wheelers were
    honda dio 8th class 38000kms still using in bangalore
    tvs apache 150 49000kms still using in vellore( college- both linea and apache)
    yamaha r15 19000kms still using in chirala( my native) but maybee will sell it off for palio

i really hope fiat does sell good in india after launching the small car and novo palio.
    2 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the BNW Linea MJD Emotion+ and its a well documented review there. No Fiat ownership thread is complete without the photos, do complete the thread with photos.

No with the stats of the vehicles owned. One thing I can derive is that you used to ride/drive well before you had the driving license which I feel is definitely not commendable. I hope you take this in the right.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Yes thats right, i used to drive well before recieving my licence,
    Ofcourse its not recomendable, but being indians i think its ok learn before u turn 18.
    We have lots of people who dont know to drive even after getting their dl( my own friends for ex)

Yupp pics will soon follow, i bet ull love my linea
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Congrats man and thats a long list of cars you owned and owning :). Please post some pics as well
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Hi.. Great to know that you are loving your FIAT....
    Post pics...
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

yupp here r the pics......

if u notice most of my vehicles are registered with the no 1112 but my palio was 5999. i wanted the same for my linea but it has become so costly now in bangalore for fancy numbers.

7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

i feel bad only for one thing though, im selling my r15 to book the new palio stile in a few days. but im also happy that i'll get to own a palio again.
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

and now ladies and gentlemen, the star of the show, presenting u my love LINEA!!!!!!!

9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

i also had installed HID lamps for quite some time, i loved the lighting with the HIDs but i came across an incident where a guy on two wheeler got his eyes blinded when i flashed the lights and lost control of his bike and fell down. after this incident i removed the HIDs and put philips extreme power H7 80W on the low beam and am actually not that happy while driving on two lane roads at night times.

ill also post the pics of the lighting, i shot the pic with slow shutter speed for the blurr effect.
  10. @ JK... hope we call you that.

Nice review and yes... thats a lot of cars owning/ owned.

32000 kms in 6 months is a lot of driving..... :)

Enjoy your ride and Happy motoring and great to know that you love your FIAT just as we do