1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Neighbour's envy; Owner's pride.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by bins, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats!!! BNW looks great :)
    You took the Car to 180kmph on your first day? Is there no run-in needed for this car?
    What is the average fuel consumption currently?
    1 person likes this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Love this line. this is exactly what I did when I bought my Palio 1.6 Sports Canary Yellow in 2007.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I am late.. Better late than never :)
    Now a days engines are pre-run, so there is no run ins. But its always nice to keep a check. But I couldn't resist then (it was some 1000km run then I guess). :) And the mileage when recently checked I got 20.1kmpl!!! (tank to tank)
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Did the 2nd service a month back at Aadya motors. The total bill came to 5600Rs. And yesterday yet again I paid a visit to Aadya to rectify water leak(Still persists) and some rattles. Now I have inculcated in me that each visit has to be followed up by a couple more visits.
    Meanwhile I did some trips in the last couple of months. Almost 8500kms.

1) Bangalore to Pala(twice) via Salem , Dindigul, Theni, Kumily.
    Road condition - Bangalore to Dindigul(some 380kms) 4 lane road; spare for the diversions till Krishnagiri; comparitively sparse traffic after Salem. Four lane ends at Dindigul and there on good roads but with bad patches in between whre work is in progress.
    Last week one of my friends who took this route said there are no more bad patches now from Dindigul to Theni.

2) Bangalore to Alleppey via Malavalli, Gundulpet, Nilambur.(Did this a month back)
    Road condition - No traffic till gundulpet. No four lane, but nice road till KA checkpost at Bandipur. There on slightly bad patches, but very much manageble. Its total fun Naadukaani churam towrds Nilambur. Their on neat road though double lane.

3) Bangalore to Alleppey/Pala(Thrice) via Salem, Cbe, Thrissur.
    Road condition - Too much diversion till somewhere Krishnagiri. There on neat road till a place before Avinashi(where the toll road ends). There on till Coimbatore its diversions, humps, humps even on expansion joints over bridges. Then not so bad road till the infamous Kuthiran!!! You got to wait till Mannoothy to see neat road again.
    -> Alternatives I take on this route is Palakkad to Thrissur via Ottapalam, Shornur; Highly recommended. Extremely neat road and worth that extra 15kms you run.
    -> Hosur to Dharmapuri via hogenakkal - double lane neat road and you save 15 kms as well here. Took this route in the night and the traffic was sparse.(Not sure about the traffic condition in the day time)
  5. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Did you install any Race chip?
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    No. Thought of it when I purchased it. But now I know how to squeeze power out of it and am used to it.
    I find the in-gear acceleration adequate.
  7. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    That's so sweet. So, u purchased the chip? but extra power with mileage is always fun right? Is there any harm if installed the chip?
  8. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    No no... I dint do any modification... I just thought of it when I purchased the car; and left the plan..
  9. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    800 kms in 10 hrs

Yesterday had the privilege(or no) of doing a 800 kms in almost in a stretch. That too alone!! Started for home town yesterday early morning and midway, I had to return back as my kid fell sick.

Meanwhile last week I tried this steam wash and wheel alignment from pitstop.
    I opted for the interior cleaning as well.
    Steamwash; I didn't like it so much except for the engine bay cleaning. I always had wished a way to clean the engine bay without much use of water. The exetrior wash is not in par with the water wash we do outside. And the interior cleaning is not with the steam. Its normal water, shampoo and scrubbing. So your seats would be wet for another (atleast)4 hours.

I dint like the wheel alignment quite well and also the handling of my car there. Opening the doors to the wall making minor scratches. I let it go after politely asking them to pay a little more care.
    After the alignment, the car started to pull left.
    The technician (an errant boy) took the car to test and suddenly turned a schumacher. Then on I can see the grudge stares from the head on motorists(and some even throw some nice "good" words). And he scratched eventually, the right rear wheel arch!!!

I kept my cool and asked him to stop so that I would drive; after which he started crying that I dont say that to his boss. He promised he would remove it unless so I will have to fight it out. Luckily using some polish he removed the scratches as it was minor. I know my clear coat is gone in that area.
    Now I have bought some polish, wax to do a detailing of my own.