1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Neighbour's envy; Owner's pride.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by bins, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I brought home this beauty some time in April this year but was lethargic to do a write up. Here goes my experience...
    Other options I considered at the time of my purchase : None!!!! :p
    Extras I got : Mats, reverse sensor and that usual Insurance/Road side assistance bundle.
    Extras I did : None.

The first day : The first day involved a drive for a few kms but most of the time was spent simply looking at it; plainly looking at it!! Just admiring it!! I would open my window again and again to have a look at the beauty. My wife feared if I was sick.

The first long drive : Bangalore to Alleppey, Kerala.
    To avoid the traffic I set my alarm 4 in the morning. The alarm kicked in at the right time but I decided to sleep for another 10 min. After 10 min when I woke up, I realized it was already 7!!!
    Then I hurried and cranked the beauty by 8. We took the usual Hosur, Salem Coimbatore, Palakkad route.
    Just after Krishnagiri I met some racer boys on the high way in i20 and Verna 1.6.
    The racer boy in i20 wasn't giving way for us, but when the highway opened up the Verna boy quickly went past him from the left side and I followed the same from the right side. I am sure for the i20 boy it should be like two jets going past him left and right.
    The odo shows 140 and and then I saw it climbing to 160. I was able to go past the Verna boy at about 165. And I went on to go beyond 180!!!
    I was sure, though with the bigger engine the Verna boy has, he wouldn't even be able to see my tail with that bobbing suspension.
    Observation : This italian boy climbs till some 150-160 quickly from where the ascend is slow. But it stays steady...!!!

There after the drive was event-less and reached home late evening; thanks to block at Valayar where we had a stand still traffic for 1.5 hours!!
    Upon returning back, we took the Wayanad route and reached the outskirts of Bangalore where we ran over a large stone in the middle of the road.
    I damaged something. I can hear it, the false sound when I turn, when I release the clutch to send the power to the axle. I was worried, unsettled.
    Next day morning I took it the ASS where they rectified it in 10 minutes!! It was the bent engine guard touching the exhaust. Nothing is damaged. Thanks for that thick metal engine guard. Had it been some puny plastic material I would have been crying.

Niggles I faced till date :
    The power window from driver side stopped working. Replaced the faulty switch under warranty.
    Jammed rear power window. Upon inspection they found the rubber beading the culprit(I doubted). They replaced the rubber beading, the problem still persisted. Then they did some adjustments with the alignment and rectified.
    4 people like this.
  2. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Nice write up.. Welcome to TFI.. Post some pictures of your beauty.. :)

BTW : Nice tag line for the name of the thread, reminds of a television ad.. ;)
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Ha thanks!! Sure will do post some snaps as well.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Hi Bins,
    Congrats for your car.
    I too have a owner's pride(in exotica red) who make neighbors envy:)
    Post some pictures.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats for your new Ride Bins...

We are waiting for the pics of your Ride :car

Cheers...

Neel
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Some more snaps...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Update on niggles faced so far :):
    1) Loose seat-reach-adjuster lever and beats against the metal there on each undulation. Set right after some jugaad work.
    2) Front passenger power window wouldn't go up when operated from passenger side. Replaced the switch.
    3) Later the driver side power window switches stopped working. Replaced the whole switch.
    4) Rear power window gets stuck. Still not fixed. First they diagnosed the beading to be the menace( and I was sure it wasn't). I let them replace it just to see the problem persists. Now they say its the black coloured lock on the glass(which I guess may be true). Lets see if they can do it this time.

So its been a lot of time in ASS now.
    But one thing I enjoy when I go to the ASS is the queries those Vista, Safari owners would ask about the ride, handling. Ha feel proud!! ;)
    But at the same time what makes me ashamed is when they ask me the very question "why I am at the ASS"!!!
    Am i the only one facing this??? :confused:

And yeah, bought a coido inflator. Does the job but the analog psi meter is useless as the markings are in multiples of five and is so small to read.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello,

Congrats on your beauty. :clap

Great write up.

1. BNW surely looks amazing.
    2. You risked yours and wife safety (kids if any) and the car safety by being at 160+. Racing is all stupidity game in an public area.
    3. When they asked why you pay visit to ASS, just tell them to meet folks like them to answer their queries about the true car.
    4. Wonder when ASS do better job. Sad they consider or they are used to handling cabs (TATA) and same goes with beauties (Punto/Linea) :(
    1 person likes this.
  9. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    +1. Speed thrills but Kills .

Bins, i hope you hear our modest request not to put yourself and your loved ones in harms way by indulging in racing. Our highways are not meant for racing, neither with respect to road quality nor design.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nice tagline. Nice to know that it can touch 185. However, as others said, keep it safe.
    1 person likes this.