1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Needs to know some facts about Punto 1.4 Petrol

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Hi All,

I was having a Punto 90 HP diesel which I have sold a week back as I am re-locating to my new work place in Delhi. Main purpose of buying a diesel car was my frequent visits to my native town in kerala from chennai which is no longer feasible and I might find the 9+k emi for another 49 months an extra burden in my new work place which is already famous for its high cost of living.

Once I move to Delhi, I will require a car and that has to be a petrol for the low running I will be having. Also petrol price at 68/l and less maintenance of petrol cars is another reason. Since I am so used to the driving dynamics of Punto, I will to have another with a petrol hear and coming from a 90HP, I find 1.2 not adequate to quench my thirst for power.

I think I can find some good deal for 1.4l petrol Punto in the city keeping the low re-sale value of Fiat petrol cars. I would any day prefer buying a 2009 punto 1.4 than a wagon R or swift from last decade.

I would like to get your valuable opinion on below mentioned points just to go ahead with my decision in full confidence.

1) People claim to have achieved 18+ mileage in highways and 14+ in the city which I would take with a pinch of salt. Anything above 11 in the city and 15 in the highways is fine for me.

2) How is the maintenance cost of a Fiat 1.4 Petrol vehicle ? Is that on par with its Maruti counter part of similar displacement like ertiga ?

3) I know MJD's are good for at least 2 lakh kms how good is the petrol heart in Punto and Linea ? What would be safe bet in terms of ODO reading if maintained well.

4) Any known niggles on the initial batch of 1.4 vehicles ? My punto 90HP had a faulty o ring due to which my AC got conged twice before it got replaced.

5) final concern would be how good is FASS in Delhi NCR ? and would taking the car to multi brand service centers like Bosch, First Choice and My TVS be a good idea in this part of country ?

Expecting some guidance from experienced fellow Fiatians out there. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right, above is close to MJD FE, 11-12 in city (depending on traffic) and anything more than 15-16 on highway is more reasonable.
    Petrol maintenance will be cheaper than Diesel to maintain.
    No specific niggles on 1.4FIRE, all were common.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Try to get not a 2009 but a post-2011/12 Punto petrol: the initial, identical 'niggles' so many early Lineas and Puntos had were all but gone by then, I believe.

It is a fuel efficient engine on the highway because it has a great mid-range, my dad and i did indeed get 17+ km/l on a round-trip on NH! between Delhi and Chandigarh.

FASS options are aplenty in Delhi NCR, I know happy Fiat owners here, and a few imperfectly satisfied ones, so some un-evenness probably exists.

My immediate family and I, we have three Fiats currently, including my new Linea T-jet, we've been on the whole satisfied with the different new FASS here, and are currently quite happy with and impressed (so far) by DRS Motors FASS (Gurgaon).

cheers man
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4