1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Needed a Permanent Solution - Carpet getting wet

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Saurabh Gupta, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Saurabh Gupta

Saurabh Gupta Timido

Faridabad
    Dear All,

As informed earlier, I have purchased my Linea Diesel in July 2012. In the month of September, I noticed that carpet in legspace of front passenger seat is wet. Confused, I put my finger inside the small opening to find lot of water is their under the carpet.

I took my car to Fiat Caffe Delhi and asked them the reason. They told me that if AC pipe gets choked then water enters into the cabin and that's the reason why their is lots of water. I was shocked as I have purchased the car just 2 months back and facing a problem, which I haven't heard in any of the other brands. I went to Fiat dealer in Noida and they cleaned the pipe. As I stay in Faridabad so went to Tayal Motors and they kept my car for 4 days to let the carpet dry in open. It pained a lot to see my brand new car is dismantled so that carpet can be removed. some how I went thru it.

Yesterday again I found the carpet wet. Dont know what to do now. Do I have to always live with it, till I keep this vechicle.

Everyone was against me in my decision to buy Fiat because of its nagging problems and support but I stood firm and purchased Fiat. Now aftr so many problem, I feel that whether my decision was wrong.

No doubt driving pleasure is immense but then as soon as I get down all that pleasure gets evapurated.

Please can anyone suggest what is the permanent solution to this problem and how I can get it rectified.

My question to Fiat also, whether they have taken any corrective action to solve this design problem.

PLEASE HELP ME...........

Regards

Saurabh Gupta
    +91-9711111503
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  3. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Hi Saurabh,

I faced exactly the same problem in 2 months after I purchased my Linea. Had to visit Concorde Motors, Diary Circle , Bangalore 3 times to get the issue resolved. Don't keep this issue unresolved for long as this will result in rusting below the carpet. Go to the dealer and ask them to find the root cause and fix it. In my case it was due to a faulty condenser pipe or so. Also ask them to take the complete carpet and insulation out (front and rear) after removing the front seats and get it dried properly in sun. Drying the front carpet is not enough.Don't allow them to use vaccum cleaner/ air blower in full speed to dry it. TASS people did that to my car and the whole insulation material got deformed. Finally I have to give good peace of mind to get it fixed properly. I will PM my number, call me if you need any more details.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    same issue with my linea as well
    3 months since purchase
  5. cyriacsaju

cyriacsaju

indore
    hi saurabh
    me too faced the same problem here in indore took my vehicle to service center and they found out a gap under body the have sealed it with some sealant
    and now the problem is solved.

- - - Merged Post - - -

hi saurabh
    me too faced the same problem here in indore took my vehicle to service center and they found out a gap under body the have sealed it with some sealant
    and now the problem is solved.
  6. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    I also had same issue , pipe was choked with algae and water was coming in rather than out

Getting carpet out is tough , have to remove seats, dashboard etc

So they did dry with air and all , seems okay now

get it fixed ASAP, will get lot of water inside if you on a long drive