1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need your suggestion, Punto - 30000kms Service@Aadya Motors, Bangalore

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Aadikesh, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    60K or 24 Months, whichever is earlier. And even if you doubt on the brake pads get it replaced in the service camps. It will save you 30% on that.::V
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Well that sounds like a major epic-fail.

Correction - All fluids replaced at 30k or 24 months whichever is earlier.

60k service is equated with 48 months not 24.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I think you change Gear oil, coolant, Brake fluid at 60k service or at 2 years; which ever is earlier. I did mine(30k) last week which is only 30k and not 2 years old. Hence, no gear oil, coolant, brake fluid was changed.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually its 60K or 24 months.

Few can complete 60K, before 24 months, so this is for them :), normally its 24 months.
    5 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I remember now. Thanks Ravi :p
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah, be sure about that. The SA at the same place asked me to change the brake pads in another 1000kms when I went for the 2nd service; it was run some 13k kms then.
    Now its run 29k kms with the original pads and I am sure it will run about another 8-10k kms more!!!!
  7. Thanks Sham, I have completed 1 year 7 months and 30,000 kms. is it required to change now?

Regarding Brake pad, i have the same impression and inspected. I felt it have ability to run for another 1000+ kms but SCs was telling it will damage my break disc. Even i observed some thin lines on Break disc like below image,
    circles.jpg
  8. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    Guruji I guess I got confused. It must be Brake oil and clutch oil in which "in dono ko same oil lagta hai " may have been used.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That would be a bigger epic-fail.

Transmission (gear box) uses Synthetic-based oil, grade SAE 75W-85. Qualification FIAT 9.55550-MX3
    Brake system uses Synthetic fluid FMVSS no. 116 DOT 4, ISO 4925 SAE J1704, CUNA NC 956- 01. Qualification FIAT 9.55597
    HPS uses Lubricant for automatic transmissions. NLGI 1-2 consistency. Qualification FIAT 9.55550-AG1.

These are three entirely different lubricants, each meant for a specific purpose and are not interchangeable. Also, there is no such thing as clutch oil. Our cars are equipped with a dry clutch.

That said, I think it is a general practise with the ASS to use gear oil also for HPS. Not very sure, though.

Rajan
  10. Thanks for your info. fiat brake pads can sustain till 30K(Personal opinion). They might asked you because that time they handled both TATA and FIAT at the same garage . TATA requires brake pad change for every 15K