1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need your suggestion, Punto - 30000kms Service@Aadya Motors, Bangalore

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Aadikesh, Nov 6, 2013.

1. I sent my vehicle for service in Aadya(Ebony) motors in bangalore for 30000kms service. They listed following things need to replace as part of 30,000 km service.
    1. Engine oil
    2. Oil filter
    3. AirFilter
    4. Fuel Filter
    5. Oil Filter
    6. G oil(I dont know the abrevation of G)
    7. Break oil
    8. Coolant

Bill amount is 8500. On top of the above they suggested to replace Brake Pad(3500 include labour charges) and rear suspension pads(Approx. 2000). Please give your suggestion about the above quotation based on that i will take further step.
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also interested to know these, as My third service on the way.. And as this is the last free service what are things to be careful about.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    G oil will be gear oil. And I don't see the Power Steering oil in the list. As per the book, that should be changed at 30k as well.

The estimate sounds okay but I don't know why the rear suspension pads need replacement. Any noises?
    1 person likes this.
  4. I didn't hear any annoying noises but Service guy suggested to replace the part because he observed some crack in rear suspension pads.
  5. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    The amount is okay. I did the service recently and the amount was 8432/-. I can see you have written oil filter twice, i guess its pollen filter. Guruji, the same Gear oil is used as Power Steering oil also.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Definitely not the case. :)

If you know anyone who has done so, kindly get the correct oil put in.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Yes, Thats Pollen filter . .

- - - Merged Post - - -

yes, i missed pollen filter
  8. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I guess it has been done in my case. I had heard them saying " in dono ko same oil hi lagta hai ( transmission oil )" when i asked for power steering oil detail. I will check the bill once again today.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. Is it required to change Gear Oil, Coolant, Break oil for 30K service? Based on user manual instruction this things need to change on 45k or 60k service. please correct me if i'm wrong
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like you have completed 2 yrs. Gear Oil, Coolant and Brake fluid are replaced at 2yrs or 60 k whichever comes first. Power Steering oil needs to be checked and topped up at each service as per the manual.

I would suggest no to take their word for brake pads. visually inspect them and ask to change if required. its a habit of SCs to suggest brake pad replacement.