1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need your help!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by arunprasad, Dec 20, 2012.

1. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Today I was informed by dealer, Concorde Motors, Hyd that my Linea Mjd is June manufactured vehicle.

I booked my vehicle on 8th Dec, it seems itmay take another 7-8 days for delivery. Is this acceptable?

I am not sure why it should take 4 weeks delivery time for a vehicle manufactured in June.

Waiting to receive VIN no.

Could you please advise me as what to do next.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    Congratulation for choosing Fiat! Welcome to TFI

I would suggest, to demand recently manufactured vehicle and not the old one.

Being year end dealer might try to shell out old stock. Be Careful.

Thanks
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats on your booking!

May not be that the car was in dealer's yard since June. I learned from a dealer that unless you insist for a recently manufactured vehicle, even FIAT sends cars manufactured more than six months agao.
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats. Which variant is it.

Share the last three digits of the VIN here and we shall discuss on the best option.

Also, what deals are you getting on the purchase. Discounts, benefits etc if any.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions.

Update:

I got 3 VIN #s; one of it will be mine - but the Dealer will not know which one is for me until the vehicle reaches the Dealer. They will be receiving only one of it.

MCA110C1B09XXXXXXFLZ

MCA110C1B09XXXXXXFLZ

MCA110C1B09XXXXXXFLZ

He agreed to show me document evidence that the vehicle is delivered from factory in the current date/month. He also gave me AP sales head's, one Mr. Badal, mobile no. if I want to check.

I feel, if it is delivered to the Dealer only now from the factory it would be safe; but need to do a thorough PDI as it was lying in the factory for six months. What do you feel?

@Ravi: Thanks. I have the PDI printed with me; even I have told the Sales guy that until I am satisfied I am not going to take the vehicle.

@Fiatian/Fiatlover: Thanks guys; that was my concern, I am fine if it was coming from factory.

@Gurjinder: Thanks. I have shared the VIN # above. It's Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion - Oceanic Blue. The deal is normal during this time - Free Insurance and RSA, Gift check for 25K and Rear parking sensors (extra 1k). Freebies - Boot mat and mud flaps.

Mod Note:Kindly do not put the complete VIN numbers directly online
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  7. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I wrote to Mr. Mangesh at FIAT with following queries:

1. Why I will get a car manufactured in June when I have booked it in Dec?
    2. Is it not reasonable I should get recently manufactured vehicle?
    3.. If it was manufactured in June, 2012; why I have to wait for 4 weeks for delivery?
    I was given 3 VIN #s - I was told that one of it will be allocated to me; they do not know which one it is.
    I am not sure whether these are delivered from factory this month to the Dealer or already stocked by Dealer.

His reply was as follows:

Thank you for your communication & update .

With regard to cars , after manufacturing they are billed to Tata Motors & are in their stocks , based on dealers order that get billed & displayed to respective dealers .

Do let us know support required in future , will be happy to help you

I feel like I should reject as FIAT doesn't know where was the vehicle and how it was maintained; whether it was used etc. I replied to Mr. Mangesh stating my intentions.

Meanwhile, the sales person from my Dealer wanted to speak to me on the vehicle - he wants to meet me personally. I am not sure what this means?

What you guys think I should do?
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    if you are getting a June made car in dec, then ask for good discounts. May be they want to clear stock by Dec '12 as much as possible. I think you can still demand a car manufactured in the last 3-4 months, unless you are getting really big benefits/discounts...Anyways, meet the sales person and see what he has to say.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Any updates as to where the car is at present? Has it been standing at the dealer since July/Aug or at the factory since manufacture.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being a 6 month old car, though. Thoroughly check the car, and pay the full amount ONLY if you think the car is okay. You are under no obligation to buy it even if you have booked it.

Have a read of : Fiat specific PDI - v3.0 New format

Cheers.
  10. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Today hopefully I will meet with him; should know more details.

No info on where the car is at present; that's what creating confusions.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012