1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need your Advise Guys!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gauravp, Oct 6, 2011.

1. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Hi Everyone,

From last few days, after seeing FIAT's dismissal sale every month /1L discount on Tjet+ /various niggles croping up from my car, is it wise if i put my car for sale? There are so many negative wives building around me against FIAT's future in India. Some of them are mentioned here:

* Now as FIAT is offering 1lac discount on Tjet+, that means the resale of my car automatically goes down by 1 Lac, plus on this if FIAT pack its bags then we will find no buyer for our FIAT cars. you can count the number of people who has bought Tjet from all around our country. This again gives me a feeling that i am driving the failed car even though it is leapahead from others in terms of technology.

* I know issues/niggles in my car can be corrected but why i am taking so much pain for a car even when i have paid my hard earned 10 lakhs to company.

* From the day i have bought the car petrol prices are keep on increasing, giving me stroke every 3 months. Above all my car is giving only the mileage of 11kmpl( around 7 Rupees per Km). This is a reason i have not fully enjoyed my car and only driven 3500 kms in 9 months. You people can say why you have not thought of this before buying but i was blinded that time with the beauty of this car and want to own one.

So friends please pour in your valuable advise that "Is it better to sell it now then selling it never?"
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    What I see here is, you are concerned with only two factors here

1. Petrol Prices and associated mileage of the car
    2. Future of FIAT

I have been FIAT Customer for about 10 years now. Since the day I bought I keep hearing FIAT products will have service problems, but nothing has come true.

Coming to your mileage, it is more to do with the driving style. In city driving the max I could extract is 14 KMPL with no traffic signals, and least is 8 with traffic signals. The same road have 38 humps for over 11 kms stretch.

Higways I have got 16+ the least i have seen is 7 KMPL and this is driving over 180+ and I bet any other car of this size will return same mileage

Use instant consumption, that helps a lot to improve driving style and always fill from reputed filling stations.

Once you cross 5K you see better mileage figures.

Take your call, if you want to dispose off and buy a vehicle that gives good mileage and resale an SX4 DDIS will be a good option or even a VW TDI

Hope this helps
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    11kmpl is good first of all. Have you compared your 11kmpl with other cars of this size, weight and power?

Secondly, FE is purely dependant on driving style, if we keep other factors constant (AC, Traffic etc.). Install the awesome EcoDrive software in your car and see whether you can get higher mileage or not.

I think 11kmpl in city with 114bhp Turbo petrol is good. Though for the same price, you could have bought a Linea 1.3 Emotion Pack diesel that gives 20kmpl blindfolded with AC always on and diesel at 40/L (Rs2/KM).

This is why T-JET has few takers. Because people either opt for a Linea MJD or move to other diesel cars if they want a higher capacity engine, e.g. Vento 1.6TDi or Verna 1.6CRDi.

As far as fear of comany closing is concerned, this is something that used to trouble me in January 2011 when I saw the sales figure of Dec 2010 (only 271 or something cars were sent to dealers). A guy named manishbajaj even started a thread at CarWale forum titled "Final nail in coffin, FIAT user beware". :p

BUT then, I saw something that completely took away all my worries:
    1. I saw that TATA is also using the same engine so maybe spares won't be an issue if there are no other alternatives.
    2. Have you ever noticed that Opel Astras have disappeared from our cities like Chandigarh. I have recently relocated to rural side of Haryana in small towns and these are full of Opel Astras. Now, if a guy in rural area can run an old Opel Astra with a DL registration without any issues, why can't you run a T-JET in a place like Pune/Mumbai/Bangalore?
    3. Lots of FIAT Uno are running in this side so still another reason to believe that there is no point speculating so much.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Gaursv you bought the Jet for a reason - to enjoy the power. So in my view you should enjoy the car and forget about the rest

As far as the fuel average us concerne, I believe 11 kmpl is good for a car of this size. It is another thing that fuel prices are increasing.

Even if you want to sell it, now is not the right time. Currently there are good offers on TJet and also you will loose a lot as part if depreciation. Fiat is not going to shut shop and run away overnight. They are putting in efforts and hopefully in a couple of years things would be different. Moreover they make some profits from their engine business and have also started exporting. All thus will help them to stay afloatin the Indian market

Also I would not call the TJey a failure model - the Fiesta Classic Sports 1.6 also did not sell much, but was a hit favorite with enthusiasts.

If you do want to sell it, I believe you should do that after a year or so rather than now. I have booked a TJet plus and do not have any regrests, I know that most other petrol cars will give a similar mileage
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I can understand your plight.
    Do not even think of the resale of a Fiat car,that too a petrol one at any point of time.You will have heart burns and sleepless nights.
    Mileage will increase as your car grows old,which is typical of a Fiat car,nevertheless none of the petrol cars in the market gives a good fuel economy.
    About the niggles,yes,one can not excuse Fiat,but again these days,niggles are present in any car of any manufacturer.
    When we buy a car(in partcular if it's a Fiat),we should think that we will keep the car atleast for 5 years.Otherwise we will loose a huge amount of money.Even if you would sell your car today,you will loose around 3 lakhs Rs,which you would not digest.
    So,keep the car,enjoy the pliant ride,cool yourself in the comforts of the car,and,let me tell you one thing,Fiat is a lucky mascot,for,who ever who had bought a car,have become richer very soon(even you should have,considering the fact that you can think of buying another car so soon),to buy another car,and,who knows,you might get enough money to buy even a BMW!
  6. @ Gaurav..

to be honest.. I also love petrol cars but like you said... giving you stroke every 3 months.. thinking of that and also since I travel almost 50 kms daily and after ignoring many of my friends, relatives suggestion to go for some other car rather than a Fiat, I stuck to my decision that I would go for a Fiat no matter what and I am not disappointed at all.

Love your Linea, forget about resale value and also about Fiat packing their bags and leaving cos you must have already read in earlier forums also that Fiat is opening exclusive outlets for customers in select cities.
  7. @ Gaurav

If T-Jet is offering you 11 KMPL, really its a good mileage. I know one of my relative having H Gets Petrol, offering just 5-6 kmpl, they did lot to improve, by changing the parts etc. but all in vain, so they sold off. Beat Petrol to offers around 10 kmpl.

Even If you are getting 8-9 kmpl, its even good. Its a T-jet, not a plain ordinary car.

If you sell it now, you will get huge loss, so better you spend that amount in Petrol and enjoy the T-Jet. its best looking Sudan till < 16 L, and offering best handling till > 20 L of any other car.

Fiat ka jo hoga, who hoga ! but why you are worried, you have the best machine in India.

enjoy a Jet.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Even my TJet is giving around 11 kmpl in city [Delhi] with 100% AC. Without AC it gives around 14 kmpl. I think its a very good figure as my Santro returns around 12.5 kmpl with AC & 15 kmpl without AC.

Its the politics which is keeping the price of diesel low as compared to petrol. Don't worry, diesel prices have to go up substantially & I believe diesel for cars may even be costlier than petrol in some time to come. And you have to figure in the maintenenace cost on top of initial price difference for diesel cars.
  9. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Thank you all for providing your views on my problem

HTML:
     kr_vasudev 
    What I see here is, you are concerned with only two factors here

1. Petrol Prices and associated mileage of the car
    2. Future of FIAT

I have been FIAT Customer for about 10 years now. Since the day I bought I keep hearing FIAT products will have service problems, but nothing has come true.

Coming to your mileage, it is more to do with the driving style. In city driving the max I could extract is 14 KMPL with no traffic signals, and least is 8 with traffic signals. The same road have 38 humps for over 11 kms stretch.

Higways I have got 16+ the least i have seen is 7 KMPL and this is driving over 180+ and I bet any other car of this size will return same mileage

Use instant consumption, that helps a lot to improve driving style and always fill from reputed filling stations.

Once you cross 5K you see better mileage figures.

Take your call, if you want to dispose off and buy a vehicle that gives good mileage and resale an SX4 DDIS will be a good option or even a VW TDI 

Hope this helps 
    Thanks Kr_vasudev. The problem with mileage is that the 11 kmpl which i am getting is average of city and highways. In city i get around 7-8 and on highways i get 12-13. I hope it will increase after the 5k on Odo.

@ PaddleShifter - If i would have bought MJD then i would have not any problem as i know this engine is shared with many others but as i have T jet and which is a complicated technology for our mechnics to handle..so i am having all the worries

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

HTML:
     speedJet 
    Gaurav you bought the Jet for a reason - to enjoy the power. So in my view you should enjoy the car and forget about the rest

As far as the fuel average us concerne, I believe 11 kmpl is good for a car of this size. It is another thing that fuel prices are increasing. 

Even if you want to sell it, now is not the right time. Currently there are good offers on TJet and also you will loose a lot as part if depreciation. Fiat is not going to shut shop and run away overnight. They are putting in efforts and hopefully in a couple of years things would be different. Moreover they make some profits from their engine business and have also started exporting. All thus will help them to stay afloatin the Indian market

Also I would not call the TJey a failure model - the Fiesta Classic Sports 1.6 also did not sell much, but was a hit favorite with enthusiasts.

If you do want to sell it, I believe you should do that after a year or so rather than now. I have booked a TJet plus and do not have any regrests, I know that most other petrol cars will give a similar mileage 
    you are right speedjet! i bought T jet for its power considering that it will also give the decent mileage. I also agree that i will not get good re-sale if i put sale now..i only have the concern on the future of FIAT thats why i asked is it wise to sell it now with minimum loss Or if FIAT packs its bag then we will find no buyers for our cars.

you know people around you also panic you by telling the FIAT sales and pass the tall comments that it is an END for FIAT in India. For instance, one of our moderators comments also says it always
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Getting 11 KMPL is good start dude and that too a T-jet and the 114 Horses with you........
    I know the same feeling with my side even i have a Petrol Punto, in the beginning it would give me 9 KMPL on the highway but after crossing 5K kms the FE increased to 13.9 on Highways ad 12.2 in city driving Ac on full time,
    I bet the FE will increase with FIAT the more you drive her the more will you fall in love, and T-jet is the macho car for power, of course you cannot have power and the FE at a same time.
    FIAT is not gonna close and go back they are back with a bang just a matter of publicity and public awareness, 60 % of the cars running on the streets are with FIAT engines.
    I am eagerly waiting for the BRAVO to be launched,