1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need ur suggestions before taking a decision......

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Guru Punto MJD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

How much has your car run, 60K? If not why was a major service done?

Why were the glow plugs changed, was there a specific reason?

Why was the water pump changed?, if your car is under Warranty/Extended warranty - this should have been changed Free of charge including labour.

Parts 1,2,3 and 12 are **not** part of the regular service and the labor charge for the remaining is ~Rs 1500.

If you do not know why those parts were changed and you still paid without understanding, i don't think anyone here can help you.

Edit: I just did a search on the forum and see that even the glow plugs are covered under Extended warranty.

This is what happens when one does not care about the documents/Manual's that come along with the vehicle.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. My car clocked 40k approx till date and 4 services covered.

The posted bill is 45k service due bill which I done it before 7k bcoz of these reasons

1. Had glow plug warning message and light on
    2. Engine or injection system failure warning light started glowing because of water wash. [An uneducated buffalo washed the engine compartment with compressed water].:A

After seeing those warnings lights I immediately called SA of RDC FIAT Chennai and informed that I :redcar heading towards Chennai bcoz of warnings light. Meanwhile my dad asked me to carry out 4[SUP]th [/SUP]service due bcoz he can’t take the car to Chennai. [To and fro 280kms with two tolls and fuel expense]
    [My dad is a heart patient and advised not to drive vehicle especially four wheeler.]

Clarification for mentioned parts 1, 2, 3 and 12.

1. At FASS, they informed me two plug got failed and asked to replace all the four [advisable] – agreed.:(

2,3. Sometimes I have heard krrr krrr noise under the hood – FASS said to replace water pump to arrest the noise – agreed.:confused:

12. Front wheel arc was half torn – I asked to replace it.

9,10. Power strg oil and coolant was missed by TASS while performing 30k service – SA advised to change it – agreed.:confused

And I have each and every bill from service to door sill. I agreed everything just waving my head for only one reason. I LOVE FIAT.

As u said ji, my car is 3 years old so only EW. I asked SA to replace glow plugs and water pump under EW. But he replied as, EW is covered only for mechanical breakdown and not for wear and tear. And it’s not that much easy to replace a part through EW.

Asked about engine warning light - SA said, everything is fine no problem with engine and injection system, it may be due to water in turbo hose. ::pP
    That’s it finished – agreed. Argued but didn’t fight.:confused1
    This was happened ji…,
  3. can anyone address my problem.

Today morning when i opened the hood to check the oil levels i noticed this . I think its oil sprinkle or oil leak .

I correctly don't know what part is that but i guess it would be casing of timing chain and its gears.

can anyone say what that could be?? Is it common issue which need not to be worried or my car should be taken to FASS.

engine compartment.jpg
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There is some leak, do get it checked at service center.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. Can u say me what part is that, is it case of timing chain and gears. It would be any problem with gasket.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    It looks like residue oil from a spill before, but as Ravi mentioned best to get it checked.

- - - Merged Post - - -

If coolant boils it maybe related to gasket. But again maybe something different. Best to get it inspected and cleaned to check the leak if any.