1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

need ur review

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by deenu, Feb 17, 2012.

1. deenu

my family is planning to buy a new car nd i want them to buy punto 2012 dynamic 1.3 diesel model but many people comment them dat fiat cars r not gud their service is not at all good spares doesn't available etc etc.................but i m in love wid punto coz of its features .........i live in delhi so plz tell me ur reviews........my neighbour have linea nd he said dat his car went to service station 4 time in a year nd den also his car is nt ok car's fuel engine is having some problem nd d shoe brakes r damaged but at the time of service they put new brake shoe but those r also damaged very early ...........so plz hlp me to decide coz i m in love wid punto design nd feature but my dad nd other members say swift vdi.......
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

My Punto has given me 1.5 years of trouble free service. Yes, the service standards are not great but I can say that for quite a few other brands as well. Regarding spares, that varies with the service centers and so you should probably decide to buy the car or not based on the dealers and service centers in the area.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I own a PUNTO MJD EMOTION(2011)which is 4 months(4600km)old.I am more than satisfied with my car.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    deenu, do you think that for a car of a brand which is not good at all, have a constant fan base and even have a separate forum created for that brand?

Again, Swift is no comparison to Punto's ride and handling. If you like Punto, just go for it. There won't be any regrets. That's one marvelous piece of machine.
    Make a bold decision.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

The car is good,but the service is bad,just like bride being good and inlaw being bad!
    If you like the bride,go ahead and forget the inlaw(which is very cruel and ruthless!)
    About spares,yes,it's true,majority are not readily available,it would just be like getting married to a bride,without a dowry!
    So,do you really care about anything else,if the bride is good??
    Go,ahead,the car is great,Maruthi service is also very bad(I had owned 2 earlier)
    11 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Before you fall in love with Punto,book it today.....
    its simply a gr8 car...

super like to your message...:D

"Rishtha Wohiee Soch nayieee.."::V
    Courtesy:-Star Plus caption
  7. sungoa2010

I will make only few statement.
    " Punto owner who is behind the steering is not a less satisfied man/women than onesitingg in the drivers seat of a BMW" as far as the driving dynamics isconcernedd"

" Punto cannot be the winner as far best service and bad service concernedned" It comes well above average, though not best, since there are few horrible services available which are non fiat.

" Punto will save the occupant than any other hatch or even some higher class in case of a accident since it is built like tank"
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Deenu, I would say If you like Punto then go for it, Its a Bold machine which will make you more bolder.....
    Rather than repenting when the Grande Punto zooms on the highways and curves......
    Just open the doors of the Grande Punto and you will feel that the car is build like tank, which has a rolling bars on the roof and a cage build with high tension sheets, which is only available in high class cars.....
    I have a Grande Jan '10 model 1.2 never has any issue only went for the service 4 times routine by Fiat,,,,,(Yeah the arts is little hectic when you visit the service with the Tata guys taking care of the Italian Machio....., But not to worry Fiat will soon have its own service and sales bay...
    Do let us know your decision, would be great to welcome you to the Club....
  9. drarvindc

Are these people Fiat car owners? If yes, trust them.. if no, ask for facts from Fiat car owners.

Best approach would be to check the forums for each of your shortlisted car especially the long term reviews from users. You yourself would know what to go for. I do not own nor driven swift vdi, it would not be ethical for me to bash the car, the same be applied to Punto.. it deserves its fair chance not word of mouth from non-owners.

He he, same old story! trust me, i booked wagon R while i had eyes on Punto... everytime after that i saw punto on road, my heart used to cry. The happiest day was when i cancelled Wagon R booking.

Now, 1.5 years of my punto 90 hp, hassle free all the way.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  10. JJPunter

hey deenu...let me tell you this..once you drive the punto you wont want to drive anyother hatchback..the service is pretty decent...so go ahead and get it.. you wont regret it