1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need to change brake pad, rotor disc and battery

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by aashish_19, Aug 7, 2015.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All,

Mine punto needs brake pad, rotor disc and battery change and want your opinion whether to go for OEM or aftermarket one.

Kms Done - 60k
    Years completed: 4 yrs

Brake pad cost- 4k approx
    Rotor disc- 2.5k approx
    Battery 50Ah- 4 k
    Labor- 1k approx
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Plz share ur thought on this ..ne1??
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Amaze!! no response by anyone. :eek:

Anyways,, i have done brake pad and disc change on Sunday (21'Sep) and total cost was 7K including labor and taxes.

I have peculiar things on Brake pad which seems to used more(left 3-4 mm) from outer part when compare to inner one (left 6-7 mm) and this seems to be manufacturing fault over here.

Anyone can share their observation on the same.

inner.jpg

IMG_20150919_114532.jpg

IMG_20150919_115253.jpg

IMG_20150919_115259.jpg
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i think it needs to be compared with SWIFTS or BOLTS/ZEST BRAKE PAD to comment on the same.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    but seriously, one can use brake pad above 35000Kms based on the driving habits and condition around it. I have changed mine around the same.
    Deepak likes this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    yes, by 50k i have changed the brake pads twice , since my drive is mostly in cities.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dude ..I have used my Tjets breaks for 67K KMs.... Got the entire thing changed last weekend... even the FASS guys were shocked with the kind of mileage I got from the Discs and Pads.... they said we are used to change pads every 20K and Discs every 30-35K for Tjets.
    The technician said that I could have used them for another 5K KM and then changed them.... but I thought its wise to replace them before I mauled few while driving.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine brake pad changed at around 35k and Disc(First time) at 63k.

But, yes, it was regarding brakes and no one should take chance in replacing them at very first.
  9. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @aashish_19 you have not posted pics of your rotors before the change. Usually it's possible to get them "skimmed" to even out the surface, at a workshop which has a lathe. The FASS themselves should be knowing such shops.