1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need to buy Medical insurance Policy..Please Suggest

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Gmittal, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Hello,

I am looking to buy medical insurance policy for me and my wife. As too many options available in the market I amd confused now.
    I also want the tax benifit from it.

Seeking your expert Advice. Thanks in Advance.
  2. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I have taken Health Saver policy from ICICI for my family (wife and kid), looks good.

Annual premium is 15K and just need to pay for min 3 years, I plan to pay for 10 years. Till age of 75 all the ailments will be covered including ones like coronary bypass.

There are so many policies/companies out there, need to do research and put your priorities in place.

Also, check the rejection ratio claims from the IRDA website.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Gaurav go for LICs Jeevan Aarogya. It has very good features.

Main feature is you dont need to submit the original medical/hospital Bills in this policy. You can use this policy as supplimentory for your current health policy( which we get from office). You can contact me for the details. I am working as LIC Insurance Advisor also.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks Maverick and Kedar.
    Kedar I will give you a call to discuss
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    No Problem.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    never buy any product from ICICI. this is my sincere advice after loosing 3.8 lacs insurance amount that they owed me and rejected by playing a fraud.

everything looks rosy when you hear their plans and products but hell breaks loose when they come out with their bible which has 1000 ways to reject claims.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    +1 to Italia-Linea

ICICI is a big CHOR.They cut my Rs800 without informing me saying ur quartely balance wasn't maintained according to our rules.
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks for the Advice Italia-Linea, Pioneeraaron. I am not even considering ICICI.
  9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Does it give tax benifits?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Gaurav it gives tax benefit under Section 80(D)