1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need suggestions on Pune - Goa Route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by pandemd, Apr 29, 2014.

1. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Dear All,
    Goa trip was on my wish list since 1996. And just three days back while in casual chat with my friend we chalked out a trip to Goa. As this is a bit off season in Goa, I could manage to book a service apartment for us in Calingute yesterday. There were some ifs and buts for itinerary but that was too finalized yesterday. Now I am also confused on this. You people please guide me. Following are the details of our trip.

Vehicle : Off course Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD, my friend's petrol Dzire was out of race in a minute.
    Driver : Myself most of the time, though friend can drive 50-60 but not more than that because of his arm injury.
    Other Passangers : My wife and two kids, friend's wife and his kid
    Route : Pune - Kolhapoor - Nipani - Tavandi - Uttur - Ajra - Sawantwadi - Mapusa - Calingute
    Date : We will be departing at 11:30 pm from Pune on 1st May reaching at service apartment on 2nd May around 8:00 am

Return : Route will be same and we will be departing at noon on 4th May

My question is, is this route okay for night driving or should I wait for sunrise at Nipani? Are there any problems like robbery in ghat sections ahead of Nipani? How well the route is? Is there anybody in our forum who has traveled on this route in recent past?

Thanks in advance.

Milind Pande
    Wakad, Pune
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    The road from kolhapur to nipani is great, there are many diversions up to Satara.
    Once, you take the right turn at hotel goa ves/hotel ashoka the road condition deteriorates for about 15/20 kms. After which, the condition of road get better, Since, you would be travelling with family it is advisable to drive during the day time.
    Wishing you great trip ahead!
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Cant help you with routes..
    But, once concern.. won't it be too congested at the back seat?
  4. rags

rags Timido

Pune
    You are right Naruf, drove to Khas Patar last year on my Bike, the route till satara is absolutely cruising.And as you said if you are going with Family safety would be better you travel day time and best thing is you can get some good views during the day too.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Hi limraj,
    I was worried too abt this, but we have tried same these many peoples on the short trips and my friend's kid is not confirmed for this Goa trip as of now. I think we can manage it.
    Thanks n regards,
    Milind Pande

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi naruf1,
    As per your advice we are planning to postpone our departure from Pune by a hour or so; so that we can be at Nipani by 5:30 or 6:00 am next day.

Hi rags,
    Your concern considered. Thanks.
    Milind Pande
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Pune - Belgaum - Chorala ghat - Goa
    1 person likes this.
  7. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Amboli ghat is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Kolhapur - nippani - ajra - amobli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Pkya

Pkya Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pune - belgaum - chorla ghat - goa!!! Best road \m/

Pune kolhapur nipani amboli is scenic just 15-20 km bad road but nice village side drive!! I took first one as i wanted to reach early and was travelling in the night at 3:30.

On the way back i came from nipani amboli!
    1 person likes this.
  10. SHBZ

SHBZ Novizio

Pune
    Hi Milind,
    I too am planning to go with my and friends family but sometime in the last week of May. Hope to get some useful tips from you regarding the travel and stay.
    Best wishes on your journey.

I love to drive in night but if the road is unknown and your family(female and kids) are accompanying, then I never take risk. I will request you to travel in day time. May be you can start from Pune at 3:30am, that way by the dawn, you will be around Kolhapur.