1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Suggestions: How much should i selll my car for?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by VikramRajput, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I have 2009 Sept make Grande Punto 1.4L Emotion Pack, Hiphop Black, bought on 18th February 2010. Its been driven just 5427kms as of today. Few out of Mumbai trips and the rest short trips within Navi Mumbai on weekends. Driven on an average of just once per week about 15-20kms. No Accidents, No Dents, etc. No service or maintenance issues encountered as yet. Full Service History available, single owner. I bought it for 6.05L and i installed Ecodrive Sunfilms on it for 10,000 INR on it; also i have put white seat covers (personal choice) on it for 1000 INR. Its virtually brand new and stock condition. I have taken great care of it using the best of materials and consumables all bought from abroad. The CSC Cylinder and AC upgrades have been performed by the Company.

However, if only emotions could support reality.. :( Due to personal and financial constraints, i need to sell it off. How much would be a fair asking price for it?

(Mods: I wasnt sure where i should've posted this note. This is not a classified ad but a request for inputs from fellow members on what would be the proper value that i should get for it. i am a bit confused on that front. Please relocate it, if its in the wrong section. Thanks.)
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    you want to sell your car you should be knowing how much you are expecting - your cost + margin - depreciation...put it in market and see how much you get for it
  3. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Should fetch you about Rs. 4.50 Lacs...You will need to negotiate hard though - today all the delers will tell you that petrol cars do not have a market and FIAT buyer is not easy to find! :eek:

So hold your ground, bargain hard and you shall find her a good home!
  4. In current scenario it doesn't matter how much KM you have driven. It all depends on how old is your car. Yours is a 2 years old and looking at the automobile trend first 2 years see the maximum depreciation. You can check your car valuation on carwale, mahindra first choice or for that matter go to a Fiat showroom and tell them that you are intrested in buying a Linea. See how much they are going to quote you for your punto (results will be shocking trust me). Now for the bad news i have seen a punto mjd emotion (6.10 lacs OTR delhi) 1.5 years old and just 15,000 KM covered got a price quote of 4 lacs. Your petrol hatch can expect around 3.0 to 3.5 lacs.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Better do a used car evaluation on carwale and post the advt on carwale itself. You will definitely get a much better deal from individual buyers. A dealer may even quote less than 2 Lacs.
  6. Responses across a broad range.. i expect atleast 4.5L if not less for my Punto.. Carwale seems like a good idea, i will put up my ad there.. thanks guys for your inputs..