1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Suggestions from Fiatians

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Tony, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine is a 2010 Grande Punto. :rage
    As its my routine to check the hood every morning to have a glimpse at the Heart, But to my surprise i smelt petrol in the bay, After have a thorough look i saw the petrol pipe has become wet, at once moved the punto back:eek:, Thanks god there was no spots on the floor. Called the Fortune(nerul) and took the car for the clinic, At once the SA was attended and took my Grande inside the observation area, and after some time the SA came back saying its a very minute hole in the Petrol pipe as we don't have in stock right now, we will order it and will get the same in 3 - 4 days, and will call once it is arrived. But also told not to go for a long trip..
    On the way back my Punto visited my cousins workshop, where he opened the hood and showed the pin point hole in the pipe, by which it was getting wet, He just applied ARALDITE and the leakage was stopped, he said its a Temporary solution. Should go for the change of pipe, As its out of stock, he advised that he can alter the new pipe with the same nozzle, which he has done earlier to Linea.
    Should i wait for 3 - 4 days for the Original part from FIAT, or carry on the Altered pipe..:confused:
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My suggestion would be to wait for 3-4 days and get it replaced. I don't believe in jugaad solutions.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes, go for an altogether replacement. Also it's a sensitive place being the fuel pipe case, where one should avoid hassles.
    Do drive limited for next 2-3 days & get it replaced.
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Dont take any chances in this issue.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Dont take any chances in this issue.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for the advice .
    Called Fortune, they have already placed order will get the Pipe by 2 - 3 days, the cost is 4500 + 500 labour.
    Will do the constant follow up with them and keep posted.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Called the SA at 4 pm he said just call back in 1 hr as we have received some parts will check about the Fuel Pipe also, but no answer from the end so dialed him again at 6 pm and he said yes the part has arrived get the punto tomorrow at 9 am fixed the appointment, But i said would have been great if you could have called and said that the part has come, he said he was waiting fto call at the last movement at 7 pm.. hahahaha
    Anyways will get it done tomorow and the price is 3500 + 500 labour charge.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it a rubber pipe?If possible post a photo of the area where you find the problem(Just for educative purpose).
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah its a Rubber pipe, but its has a cover also over it...

Sungoa2010 I liked Your signature,
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yipee the Part has been changed and my Punto is back on the streets fully charged.
    The bill came out to IRS.4224.000
    Thanks all for your advice
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Called Fortune-Nerul to fic the date for my Grande for its 4th Service,
    They said call by Saturday to fix the date as they are busy setting up the things. (And said we have moved now to serve you better)
    Will keep update as the service is done.