1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need suggestion to fit GAS Kit in 1.4 punto emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by rajeshmohanrao, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Friends,

I need your tremendous help to solve my mileage problem. My car is not giving the instant expected mileage for short distance. And also poor mileage at city driving conditions. It was given by VST motors 6.5 km/L.
    No way there is possibilities of changing the mileage of the car for 13.5 km/L false promise given by the VST motors. So please guide that LPG fitting is possible in 1.4 emotion, is there any options beyond that like ECU remap those things. Please provide your suggestions.

Rajesh
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per my info, cars having plastic inlet manifold can not be modify

You can' fit lpg/cng kit to plastic manifold.

My advice is not to go for any ulternate fuel.

You will not get proper performance even you get
    any kit which is compatible to plastic manifold
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    6.5 is just too low. even if you want to fit a cng kit, better get this average issue solved before it. or change your driving style. i am running the car on cng and the car is performing well. have done around 4k kms in the past month. the performance is pretty good and save a lot of money too. but lately i have been observing a little increased engine noise:(. my mechanics says it has nothing to do with the cng. it could be the quiet chilly nights.
    can anyone tell me whats with the "plastic manifolds". have never heard of them.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Rajesh you will surely not enjoy the punch, If you opt for cng,
    The FE what you are getting is very low, Jut put more lights on it, Driving Condition, Roads, How much is your car run?...
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    On my 1.4 E, the lowest mileage I get in Bangalore city is 8.5 and the highest is 14. On highways, the highest mileage I got was 17 kmpl. My car has run 20000 kms. I was getting this mileage from 5000 kms onwards, at least, that is when the petrol prices started shooting up and I started observing the mileage closer.

Now, coming to your worry, how old is your car/how many kms has it run? Also shed some light on your usage pattern/driving habits. Did you do a tankfull-to-tankfull method to check mileage? Also, did you check the instantaneous consumption figures?
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    On my 1.4 E+, the lowest mileage I get in Bangalore city is around 9 and the highest is 13. On highways, the highest mileage I got was 18 kmpl between Bangalore-Mysore on one of the trips when i was driving at around 60-80kmph. My car has run just above 15000 kms.

depending on your driving habit, a fiat should return minimum 8kmpl in any kind of city driving or else there is something terribly wrong in the way u r driving or the engine is not tuned to optimum get the issue checked in a different workshop and see if it makes any difference.

Also do a tank full to tank full and analyse the avg consumption, dont always go with the MID average as it may not give correct readings at times.

Best of luck and keep us informed on how you improved the milage and costs of fitting LPG or CNG kit. But will it not take away the warranty?
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Rajesh,

The details you gave is quite vague & incomplete.

- for a short distance, FE will always suffer. Suggest you do a test on atleast 15 to 20 kms stretch.

- What's the tank full to tank full FE? Provided it's not for all short distance journeys.

If you really want to check FE, take your car on a long drive of about 100 kms & check.
  8. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    Following is the fuel efficiency for my punto 1.4 that covered 1200kms :

B2B : 11. 5 km/l (100% AC)
    Highway : 13.5 km/l(100% AC)
  9. AKV

AKV Timido

CHENNAI, TAMILNADU
    Hi,

Have you carried out fitment of the LPG kit onto your car. how is the performance?
  10. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Fix the issue thats causing the low FE, only then think of alternate fuel. Mileage on LPG generally is slightly lower than petrol. You will continue to get dissapointing mileage with LPG. I am guessing a sequential kit (have on my Adventure) can be fitted. Its expensive, but trust me, its petrol like experience.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013