1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need suggestion on upgrading LINEA headlight bulbs?

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by Nikhil Kalantre, May 27, 2016.

1. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade all 3 bulbs of headlight assembly with probably more powerful than stock and in white color.

1. Can you suggest which ones are tested and trustworthy?
    2. Most imp error free? :)

I am hoping it does not required relay to be added.

Thank you,

Nikhil
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Nikhil Kalantre I would suggest you either you go for projector setup with white hids or you can get Osram Night breaker Unlimited which are yellow . Please dont harm others with white lights + Refelectors.

Osram Night Break Unlimited H1 *2 (Highs & Fogs) = 2400 ( 2 Kit)
    Osram Night Break Unlimited H7 (Lows) = 2000
    vikrambb likes this.
  3. vikrambb

vikrambb Timido

India
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I tend to agree that white light is botheration for others, yellow light is good as it penetrates through fog better, go for any spec below 4700k

regards, Vikram
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Night Breaker Unlimited are 20% more whiter then regular ones
  5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    You can also try the phillips xtremevision plus. If you buy it from an authorised reseller you get a better deal too
  6. Shyam Sundar Nijgal

Shyam Sundar Nijgal Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Nikhil, white lights as mentioned above harm others vision but does not do any good to you sitting behind the wheel. They are really bad during rains hampering visibility.

I use 4 x 100w Hellas and got the headlight aligned. The headlights are powerful and the alignment takes care of the beam direction. I've dual relays. I've travelled around 30k kms using them and have no issues whatsoever. The drawback is that much power dulls the headlight reflector faster.

I travel 90% highways and use the headlights judiciously not harming others.

Anything below 4700 k is good.
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Dhruv_Sappers Osram is far better than philips. I have some test result .
    Osram Nightbreaker unlimited = 101.25m/26M (332/85ft) 1550Lumens
    Phillips Xtreme vision Plus = 95/25,75m (311/84ft) 1500 Lumens

The Night Breaker Unlimited slightly outperforms Philips by 10% when it comes to light on the road
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    ssateesh likes this.
  8. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Shyam, Hellas is white light right ? Couldn't understand your -ves about white light and using the same.

Shyam Sundar Nijgal likes this.
  9. Shyam Sundar Nijgal

Shyam Sundar Nijgal Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Hellas are regular H1 and H2 not white. It is of the same colour as stock bulbs.

Let me explain, I had tried whites for a drive to Dandeli

It was raining and I was still able to see the road clearly with the white light but with no traffic. When I encountered oncoming traffic with regular lights and I could hardly see anything in front of me. Had to be extremely cautious while driving.

When I switched to these Hellas, I use thedipper and can see things clean.

That said high quality bulbs like the ones on a skoda superb lights up rather nicely with great throw, spread, and visibility.

When you see a car oncoming with white lights, you'll be blinded. Most drivers on highways don't use dipper at night.
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    ssateesh likes this.
  10. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    @moksh: Thank you for sharing the results. I have not tried the Osram Nightbreaker yet. It's on my cards as soon as the Phillips ones wear out.