1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Suggestion on Subwoofer

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Venkat Y, Jun 5, 2014.

1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Installed Steel-Mate SW-816, believe me, if you are a bass lover and doesn't want to compromise much boot space. This is perfect. Rather then getting those shallow subs, I felt this is way better and cost is 8k max including installation.

In mid volume I can see the vibrations in mirror. Now with Polk on doors the clarity of sound just got enhanced.

Will post a pic to give an idea about the boot space...
    Ganges likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rahulvfx
    it is active subwoofer right ? please share some details about wiring details(power and audio) too. waiting for the pics.
    with OEM HU how does it plays ?

Got wiring details overview.

wiring.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    active subwoofer takes speaker inputs not need of pre out
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sagar Sawant
    So can i pull out right rear door speaker input(disconnect the door speaker) to the active subwoofer ?
    Have you installed Blue Magic on your ride ? whats the cost ?
  5. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    no you have to parallel tap it ... existing speakers play normally and if possible both left and right connect it to sub

put sub below seat

sub requires power at least through 10amp fuse min.

i am yet to but have heard and its good

not hugely earth shattering booming but enough to give rich bass and take the load of the 4 speakers so that they can deliver remaining efficiently and also helps in less heating of voice coil of r speakers

am deciding between blaupunkt or xenos
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    blu magic shuld cost between 10 and 12.5 k for the active subwoofer though printed price is 15k

could cost less too festive discounts coming up
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-hook-up-a-subwoofer-to-a-stereo-system/

aboce link is guid for home speakers but ditto for car

when using active sub woofer with speaker level connections remember to keep bass setting at zero

equalizer for the frequency which u set for sub to zero
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes it's active sub. And has connecting options for Left and Right Speakers but Sagar is right, you have to do a parallel tap from the HU. It connects directly to your Power On Key, so that as soon you turn ON your car it gets power(just an extra fuse is better in between this connection, just for safety). Sorry for delaying to upload snap of the boot as I'm out of town, will try today evening after getting back.

This speaker also have all the controllers like "Crossover", "Bass Boost" ,"Gain", "phase" etc ... Just got this image from the net, thought of sharing for an idea.
    37698363_2_644x461_subwoofer-steelmate-sw816-upload-foto.jpg
    Ganges likes this.
  7. Lapis76

Lapis76 Timido

Chennai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I have a Palio 1.2 and am interested in a Blaupunkt XLF 200 A subwoofer. But if I install it under the driver's seat, wont it stick out behind the front seat an be uncomfortable for the person sitting behind? Does anyone here have some experience with these underseat subwoofers?
  8. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I dont see a problem if u used double sided tape ... pref. put under drivers seat
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Woofers need volume (box) and excursion, compact solutions that can give reasonable low response at specific frequency are not adequate for most, more a compromise solution. If you can do buy a blaupunkt 12" sub with box available for 4-5k. You can have much satisfactory bass response in a box enclosure. And yes size and power does matter for woofers.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have placed an order for active subwoofer of this brand 'Krown' from paytm, also got nice moneyback in paytm wallet, hopefully this will arrive on weekend. i was looking at wiring, this has an REM terminal with +12V and GND, but the stock BOSCH HU doesnt have such REM powered signal when we turn on HU upon detection on this powered signal will turn on subwoofer, any suggestions on this, i dont want to keep the subwoofer On when car key is in MAR position or engine is turned ON.