1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Suggestion on Subwoofer

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Venkat Y, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for ICE upgrade in my Punto Emotion Pk, Lat year i upgraded my stock speakers to Cerwinwega and they are really WoW !! I'm looking to add sub-woofer for better Bass. My budget is strictly between 7-8K for both Amp+Sub-woofer. Could u help me in adding options i have.

My current options
    Option 1 :

Blaupunkt - GTb 8 A - 8 Inch Active Subwoofer Enclosure (150 W)

Option 2:

Blaupunkt - EMA 255 - 2-Channel Class A/B Amplifier (330 W)

[h=1]CERWIN VEGA VEGA 104 Woofer[/h]http://www.amazon.in/CERWIN-VEGA-104-Woofer/dp/B003XKMDEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988093&sr=8-2&keywords=cerwin+vega

RS:3150+4500+Sub Box

Looking for experts suggestions.
  2. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    Hi Venkat,

I would go for the second option, considering all else equal. The reason is purely that the second option is a 10" woofer instead of 8" (first option). If you are not short on space then most people will strongly recommend to up your budget by 1k and get a 12" - JBL should be available at this price point.

Good Luck.
  3. Josh!

Josh! Timido

I have pioneer amplifier + JBL 1250 watts TUBE from last 3 years in my punto. It sound really great against the investment.

I paid total 9K for this in 2011.

The disadvantage is the size of the tube is little high so in case for long tour with 4 people luggage I take out the tube and keep it at home. Rest is no issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Try Blaupunkt XLF 200a. It hardly consumes any space & gives power as good as 10". you will get it around 9k without sacrificing you boot as it is so small that it can fit under your seat. Also installation would be very easy as it is plug n ply setup. I paid only 500 for the installation.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Both options are good. The second option will offer better bass power and scalability to change/upgrade subwoofer or amp alone. The first option of a sealed active sub with 8" cone and box will offer tighter bass and simpler controls to tweak bass. The first option will allow also more room to play and set the bass just right. I would personally like to go for the first option for simplicity and overall sleek looks and a factory sealed and designed subwoofer, amp and box all in one.

I am not a fan of 8" compact subs, but you may want to look into them as winimation uses one and is pretty satisfied IIRC.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Did anyone installed Blaupunkt - GTb 8 A in Bangalore? I just need to listen it once, how the reso feels from inside & outside punto ...

I already have Polk doors, but being a fan for groove, I'm having a thought of installing this one...
  7. winimation

winimation Amatore

So what did you decide? Please let us know which one did u buy & how was your experience.
  8. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Any update on your sub installation?
    From my recent update from Blaupunkt, I came to know that they have stopped GTb 8A and now they have came up with another latest one - GTB 8200 A.

Another research highlighted my attention towards Steelmate SW 816 ... (one of my friend installed this on his Elantra, must say the punch will effect your Blood Pressure for sure ;)) On the other side it's much mobile, easy to install and un-install ...

I think I'm going with Steelmate, any suggestions from everyone is welcome before I install ...
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have used Subwoofer of my home 2.1 system of SONY DR9, which is off 30W(more than sufficient) and 3.6ohms impedance,it gives enough bass punch.Wonder, if i had front components.This is connected to Headunit by disabling right rear speaker.if you go with this configuration to any installer he will refuse straight forward.So try this as DIY.Worth the change,if anyone tyring to do this configuration.it was playing amazing with Rang De basanthi :- Loose control song.
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Retro / Classic FIAT
    Ganges likes this.