1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need suggestion on 1.3 MJD variant / color

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by arunk, Aug 5, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arunk, I did not touch any other aspect viz. safety, features etc as I knew we have enough guys to talk about it.

If you buy Emotion variant, you get a HU and 4 plain speakers. No USB, No AUX, No Steering controls. Listen to radio or burn CDs or MP3s and play them.

In Emotion Pack, you get an additional CPU in glove box called Microsoft Blue&Me. It has Blue and me operating system or whatever you call it, Microsoft Media Player, USB port, voice commands, Bluetooth for phone calls and SMS reader along with steering mounted voice command blue and me and audio controls.

Further, if you are playing music using pen drive in Emotion pack, the songs are being played via Microsoft Media Player and the same is diaplayed by the head unit display. It means you can change songs via steering but your co passenger can not change songs from head unit. Moreover, you can't fast forward or rewind the songs. Be prepared for this.

Rating the Music system of Punto:

Emotion variant- 5 out of 10. I don't think it makes sense to burn CDs in 21st century. But the integrated head unit looks great. Stock speakers are pathetic. BUT upgrading the speakers and getting the doors damped for around 7-12k gives excellent sound output for in car listeners i.e. you don't wish to play for other people on roads. Adding an amp to emotion variant is a child's play. Very easy.

Emotion Pack- 6 out of 10. Stock speakers are bad. Upgrade speakers and damping for 7-12k for excellent results for in car listening.
    Voice commands, bluetooth are amazing and make people speechless. Talking cars are only two below 25-35 lacs: Punto and Linea.
    Negative side is that only driver can change tracks. Adding an amplifier is extremely difficult though possible.

Hope I am able to make it clear. Sorry for no formatting as I am typing from Tab.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    arun Em pk comes with 15" alloys with 195/60 R15 Apollo accelere tyres
    Spare wheel is not a alloy wheel

All other variants have 14" Steel Rims

Off Topic Yashik, which browser do you use in Tab, most of the times there are double posts by you or is it due to bad network. Try Miren Browser
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ALLOYS- Emotion pack comes with 15 inch alloys and 195mm wide tyres. Emotion comes with 14 inch steel wheels and 165mm wide tyres.

195mm wide tyres are found in bigger cars like Honda Civic.

Emotion pack handles and drives better because of wider tyres.

Spare tyre in Emotion pack is a steel rim BUT it is also 15 inch in size as compared to top variants of Volkswagen Polo and Vento that come qith 15 inch alloys but 14 inch spare tyre.
  4. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    If you are an audiophile, then the stock ICE won't satisfy you. It is good enough play vividh bharati.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arun. i myself own a emotion variant.its worth getting emotion variant too.ABS and electronic OVRM made me to buy emotion variant.i personally don't like the OEM alloys pattern which comes for epack variant.

the only thing which makes me grumble about emotion variant is automatic climate control...i really miss it......

but emotion pack has it all in one packet.alloy,15'inch rubber,airbags,abs,blue n me,usb port,climate control and the likes.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Varoon999- ICE remains the Achilles heel for Punto. Emotion variant is much better than Emotion Pack if we are to add amplifier and sub woofer for dhoom boom stuff but it does not have USB or AUX. In Emotion Pack, only driver can change tracks, can't fast forward and can't add amp easily.

@Vijay- Its due to bad network and poor UI of Tab. I am now using Dolphin browser with Vodafone mobile connect (can't afford 3G). The browser frequently crashes and I have to copy text or else I lose it. Sometimes I have typed long posts only to see a crash. Good thing is that Dolphin emulates desktop so I can open desktop views for all sites like facebook etc. In stock browser, sites keep reverting back to mobile view.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I did not get the statements. Please clarify !
  8. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    @arunk: I got my MJD BNW E-Pack 3-4 days back. You get the following with E-Pack over emotion.

*Steering mounted controls
    *15" Alloy Wheels
    *Blue & Me - Its a wonderful experience once you get hold of its functionality and commands.
    * Airbags
    * USB - for music playback and charging

I too was in the same dilemma among different variants and finally bought E-Pack. No regrets so far. My suggestion is if you are on budget go for Active else E-Pack.

-M
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai, in Emotion Pack variant, there is USB port. So you can plug in pen drive to play songs. But when you play songs via USB, they are being played by the Microsoft Media Player of Blue and Me and not the head unit. So head unit controls for changing the tracks does not work. Songs can be changed only from the ateering mounted audio controls or voice commands. Thus only driver can change songs. Front or rear passengers can just ask you to skip to next song.

But if you are playing songs via CD/MP3 in Emotion Pack, then songs can be changed from Head Unit as well as steering controls.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i think go for the Punto Active, Minimal grey color. it really looks cute and beautiful.