1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need some inputs on the folowing cameras

Discussion in 'Photography' started by gautamkhadse, Jun 29, 2010.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I would suggest to get Nikon D7100 than D7000, its a latest one with better image processing. Better focussing because 51 point system over 39 point.More MPs(if that matters) bt both have 6fps.

As you said it is you final investment then D7000 is also a 3 yrs old model and will reach end of the cycle sooner.

Other recommendations : Pamper yourself, get a full frame. :evilsmile

Cant comment on Canon. May be the Canon guys can put some light.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You want me to be single after being married for just 8 months? ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

I am owning D7000. This is very good camera. But, you can probably look out for a full frame and I recommend used D700.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    full frame is too expensive to be honest . Secondly the reason why i dont want to invest so much is because i plan to pick up good lenses thereafter .
    I've actually never used nikons and with my recent tests of canon vs nikon my feelings are bending towards the latter
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

Then you can go for D7000 with your eyes closed. I havent seen or used D7100 but some reviews suggest that D7000 is indeed better than D7100.

What are the lenses you have in mind?
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i havent looked at the lens part yet.
    but this is what i would like to have

1.) 50mm fast lens
    2.) telephoto - 70-300 (with VR)
    3.) wide angle 10-20mm (not less than that)

(Currently this is some what the setup i'm having with canon lenses)
    am i'm happy so i'm planning on doing the same.

I actually dont want to sell my canon lenses but its becoming hard to find a canon body with the requirement i have and within the budget i have :(
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Have u checked Canon 60D, my friend uses and results are very good. Or u can wait for 70D which is just around the corner.

NIKON D7000 is a stellar camera too. I hv used it. I only recommended D7100 because its newer and better autofocus than D7000 and will have longer life cycle.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    60d is really a slacker compared against d7000. That's the reason I rejected it.
    Secondly I did look at the 7100 but there is really nothing in it that justifies its higher price tag. From the specs it's not going to be a great deal better than 7000 . I'm sure

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Yes, you are right. For normal user, investing that extra amount in glass will be better decision. I am using a 3.5 yrs old D90 and results are still top notch.