1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need some inputs on the folowing cameras

Discussion in 'Photography' started by gautamkhadse, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

Thats precisely the reason a mega zoom is called a compromise between P&S & DSLR.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

Thanks arishi for quick reply. ::T

Forgive my dumb brain but I still did not get it. :-?
    which is better?
    Point and shoot or a Mega Zoom?

Because some people say that a mega zoom is not good and it is better to stick with P&S type camera.
  3. Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

Although i don't know much about photography but had good reviews about Cannon's entry level DSLR 1000D .. it comes with a lens kit .. Please check it out ..
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

The answer depends on your usage.
    Mega Zooms are still Point and Shoot cameras with a few more extra controls available in the area of zoom and some manual controls. It still has some of the deficiencies of the P&S cameras in that they are slow and their sensors are small.
    However they are better for people who are not keen on carrying big cameras, and changing lenses to suit the specific shot.
    So if you want to take good photos, has some thoughts about experimenting with camera controls, and has the budget, then Mega Zooms are a good choice.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

DSLR is no where near budget and I don't get time to use it properly as well. Have never gone beyond 20-25km from my home since 2002 if I don't consider my under graduate entrance exam trips to Delhi. DSLR is like a SLR McLaren for me right now. May consider a better camera when I'm 30+.

My max budget will be 8-9k if I decide to get one by the end of Feb2011. ::V
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks roy. Much appreciated. I had almost bought a new FujiFilm S1500 for less than 10k in March but decided to drop the plan as it wasn't having HD support. Moreover new models with HD have come. e.g. S1800, S2500, S16xx, S18xx and more like these. I expect drop in prices in feb-march next year because of new launches in that month. May consider an entry level Mega zoom up to 9k.

Otherwise, I'll delay it further as I can live without it anyways. :mrgreen:
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

@Paddle Shifter : I've been reading on this for ages now . No budget limits for me , but every time i decide on a DSLR I wonder if I'll ever use it .. is it worth investing in a DSLR . Superzooms .. so far the reviews reviews reviews have been sooooo confusing .. but from all that I've read Nikon P 100 is pretty nice in fact its the best among the superzooms . In case you're interested in reading heres a comparo for you :
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q110superzoomgroup/
    Most of these photography terms like shutter speed ISO light and all that are Latin and Greek for me too . One of the stores in pune is selling the Nikon P 100 for about 18000 . I think its worth it . Super zooms are definitely better than P& S

The new entrant in the DSLR market which would cost about 32000 in US also has me confused now . The new entrant from Nikon D3100 leaves behind D5000 ( if the reviews are to be believed )
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks Gautam, I will surely check it out. :dancing
    My friend also recommended Nikon when I was about to buy a cam sometime back and I've seen many professional cameramen using Nikons.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks a lot for kind words, PaddleShifter.
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Diffrence between a Mega Zoom & Point & shoot cameras in the following pictures. The first picture is just P & S (house rounded in red), the 2nd picture is a 15x zoom picture. You can diffrentiate between two pictures.

[attachment=1:eek:scny5lx]Picture 132.JPG[/attachment:eek:scny5lx]

[attachment=0:eek:scny5lx]Picture 167.JPG[/attachment:eek:scny5lx]

If buying a Mega zoom camera, Tripod & a zoom flash is essential.

Picture 132.JPG

Picture 167.JPG