1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need some inputs on the folowing cameras

Discussion in 'Photography' started by gautamkhadse, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

I bought a Nikon D5000 recently after consulting Grandeur. You would want to check this camera out, very very good!

Cheers,
    Vroom
  3. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

I have Nikon L110 - 12.2 MP & 15X optical Zoom. Price 14,750.00.

Also if you are having Zoom of more than 5X optical then you should also have a Tripod for clear pictures. Even then when you are using a Tripod while zooming use the self timer mode to shoot pictures.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I am toying with the idea of buying Canon 550D 18-135 mm IS lens kit at Singapore on my way back to HQ, which costs around S$ 1500 [INR 51 k] free of GST. I will be travelling with my wife. 1 year Canon Singapore warranty = 1 year Canon India warranty. But, do I have to pay customs duty at Bangalore International Airport since it exceeds Rs 25 k limit per passenger? Or one camera per passenger is allowed, just like one laptop per passenger? The same kit is available in India for Rs 64 k with 2 year Canon India warranty. Kindly enlighten me.
  5. Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

As far as the Custom rules are concerned, you will have to pay the customs duty for anything above 25K. Only 2 lt liquor, one laptop and 200 cigarettes are considered duty free per passenger.

You can get Indian customs related rules here http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-act/formatted-htmls/cs-rulef.htm
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, arishi, for kind information.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

On my way back home yesterday, I had a transit period of 14 hours at Singapore during which I had stomachful food at Komala Vilas, Little India, got quotation for Canon 550D 18-55mm lens kit from Mustafa Centre and ended up buying it at COMEX 2010, Suntec mall. I got loads of freebies like 8GB SDHC, professional tripod, EOS bag, extra battery, lens cover, Seagate 320GB extrnal HDD, EOS 550D user guide and lens workbook with India warranty. I paid S$ 1449 using my Axis Bank travel currency card and got GST refund of S$ 79.70 at Changi airport. I had smooth sailing at Bangalore International Airport last night, no questions asked.
  8. Re: Need some inpupts on the folowing cameras

Thats agreat deal you got, typically Suntec is not conisdered a deal seakers market, but I guess you got a great deal there with all the freebies.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, arishi, for compliments.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Great deal J Ravi. You got "Emotion Pack" variant of the camera. ::D

I was reading the posts on first page. Some one said that a mega zoom is a compromise between a point & shoot and a DSLR.

I want to know out of curiosity, if someone does not have a budget and time to exploit a DSLR but likes to do some good pics whenever there is some free time, is it better to go for P&S or a mega zoom?
    Which is better?

I used to think that a mega zoom is better because of higher optical zoom(upto 15x), better capabilities(more efficient in macro shots etc) and ability to control some settings whenever the mood strikes to experiment.

Plus, it is so called "built like a DSLR" ::V