1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by FiatAbarth, Dec 15, 2015.

1. FiatAbarth

FiatAbarth Timido

Hi, I own a 2010 grande punto 1.3MJD which has been relatively problem free,but has been having the following issues lately:
    1)Steering Airbag warning.(This had been 'rectified' in the previous service and the warning lamp didn't show up for a few months) Lately however,it has started going off,along with a newer problem as in shown in point 2
    2)Steering horn stopped working.It only works if pressed really hard though even that doesn't work most of the time,and the same issue had been taken care of at the workshop earlier.Suddenly its cropped up again.
    3)Broken right side RVM.We have bought a new mirror to install but when taken to JayVijay motors,Pune they're quoting a surprising figure.

12,000/- for RVM installation. I mean,seriously???that too only for installation
    For the Horn and steering fault repair they're giving an estimation of 20,000-30,000/- the hell?

I feel this is an absurd amount of money to pay for a problem which is frankly not at our fault.
    Doesn't steering and related parts come under warranty?Specially if they'd been so called "repaired" before why would I part with my hard earned money for a faulty equipment?It is out and out manufacturing defect

Kindly advice me on tips to escalate this issue which I feel is unjust from a customer's point of view.Pure ripoff and nothing else!
  2. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hey I think I remember you from the service centre today when Mr. Khan was checking the horn on your vehicle. If your vehicle is under warranty you definitely should claim for it. About the RVM you can call up a different service centre from Pune ( Sky Motto ) or the ones in the north and check how much they will charge you (Does your RVM involve auto adjustments?).
    FiatAbarth likes this.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Shoot a mail to FIAT customer care, if they are denying you warranty. Regarding mirror, get is installed outside (its not even worth the trouble, to find correct pricing. Any decent mechanic can fix it)
    FiatAbarth likes this.
  4. FiatAbarth

FiatAbarth Timido

Hi, yes its right side mirror with auto adjustment.Emotion Pack variant.We had reported earlier the airbag/horn issue with the Bavdhan
    service center(which has shut down now)
  5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I kind of agree with metal heart about getting it fixed outside. If you happen to have time and want a decent mechanic, I know of "samrat garrage" in Viman Nagar opposite Inorbit. He does a really good job on FIAT and TATA vehicles and was also working with TATA for long years. I trust him because of his experience on cars which is in our group for a long time now.