1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Route suggestions from BLR - BR Hills - Nanjangoud

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Aug 14, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You are incorrigible. Hope you have also learnt to stop safely at those speeds.

Rajan
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    yep have learnt but not expert. always I am safer side.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually I counted75 .I did a trip to mysore just to count the speed breakers last week end

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    eccentric... just liked it.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    As for the route. You could take this route to make it interesting.

Bangalore - Kanakapura - Malavalli - Kollegal - After 7 kms going on NH 209 you get an arch and board which says BR Hills. This route traverses through villages and joins near the forest checkpost and skips the yelandur town. Watch out and drive slow in this stretch.

From BR Hills continue to take the K. Gudi route and exit towards Chamarajanagar and then return using the NH209 back via Yelandur - Kollegal - Malavalli - Kanakapura - Bangalore.
  6. Hi, Sorry did not see your SMS till this morning, yes there is a KSTDC hotel at Gaganachukki falls itself, never tried it, heard that it is quite expensive, but I'm sure the views from the hotel would be nothing short of Spectacular. On Kanakpura road the eating joints are pretty non existent ( very few decent once have sprung up here and there), but once you reach Kollegal, there are a few decent veg joints, like Annapurneshwari Kamath hotel next to Sbm bank, Atchgal yantra nivas near bus stand etc. You can ask around and try the food, also there is Olety hotel near the mosque.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi, nkrishnap is right, that's the other road I was talking about.

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  7. So zen on long drive..best of luck buddy..
    120 on mysore bangalore stretch is almost like a dream, try to stay alert on this stretch.

I forgot to mention during our return trip from wayanad in this stretch my punto was surrounded by 4-5 bikes, and they were provoking me to pull over(first I was confused if they mistook my punto for another red punto), but that was not the case they looked aggressive kind(though I kept an english willow in my cars trunk just for situations like these),I pulled over near some cops standing by the side of the road and asked their help(this stretch is filled with cops standing by the side of the road every 10 kms), so the traffic surgeon contacted all the nearby officers in charge but those guys were untraceable..
    their modus operandi is to stop cars with solo or just husband wife and loot them.(that is what the cops said)
    Save this no. Of the local police force 08027271100

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What time did this happen and exactly which stretch on blr mysore rd

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Almost 50 kms from mysore, from mysore only we were seeing police standing by the side of the road(was feeling odd to see that, but we brushed aside this thinking probably some minister will be going through this stretch)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    bad that these things happen! we should never stop in such situations no matter what. even if they come and stand in front i would ram their bikes and go.

your car is west bengal registered right?