1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Route suggestions from BLR - BR Hills - Nanjangoud

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Aug 14, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

Tomorrow i am planning to visit BR hills (due to longer distance from BLR) first in the morning and from there visit nanjangoud (coz mysore to blr highway is safe at any time and i can drive in evening too compared to BR hills to BLR highway AFAIK) and then evening back to Bangalore.

I did a google maps search about the route. Is it the standard route or is there a better one? How is the road quality now? Safety concerns as i am traveling with parents.

Any advice is most welcome.

Oh btw did/will do few checks:

1. Checked Engine coolant, break fluid and other fluid levels. There are in the range.
    2. Will go get tyre preassures checked (all 5). Gonna get filled for 33.
    3. Will top full tank.
    4. Any thing else?

This is my first time long drive. :)

P.S: Yep read long drive thread on TeamBHP. :)
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Bro,

Just take the car keys and just go..
    1 person likes this.
  3. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    wow first trip is always a memorable one.
    Here is some more that's on my list, though i did only one trip so far :)
    1. Spare key in you pocket.
    2. Umbrella preferably bigger one
    3. A torch
    4. spare bulbs , i guess it will be always in your car :)
    5. Take lots of snacks , in case you miss some hotel or u feel hungry on no man's land

Enjoy your ride, Guess u should be keeping eye on ur odo as urs is a new car .
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hi Zenwalker,

The Route is Bangalore to kanakpura to Malavalli to Kollegal to BR Hills, The roads here are really very good as i use them quite often, coz I stay in Shivasamudram, thats midway between Malavalli and Kollegal. All your checks on your car are spot on, as svvickky says carry a lot of snacks...though there are some decent hotels for a snack in Kollegal. My name is Arvind and my number is 9342449444, call me if you need any help near abouts Shivasamudram. CHEERS and have a great drive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi again Zenwalker,

You mentioned safety on the Blr kanakpura malavalli kollegal road, the roads are absolutely safe at any part of day or night, please drive slowly in village limits, do not get into arguments or fights with the locals and do not stop or pick up any one................old, young, apparently injured.....anyone at all.

cheers, safe drive

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Zenwalker,

Actually from Kollegal to BR Hills the road is not so great, there is an alternate route, which has just been tarred, but it traverses thru villages and you'll have to ask for directions and its much shorter. When you are near Shivasamudram if its OK with you call me and I will guide you....do you speak Kannada ?
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Mohan,
    Sure buddy.

@Vickky,
    Sure buddy, thanks for your tips.

@Arvind,
    Thanks, thats very thoughtful of you buddy. Sure will give you a call. Though i would prefer to stick to the official route but if other roads are good, then sure why not. Ill give you call once i am near by that area. Have left you an SMS though :)
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Arvind, had heard from somewhere but not sure about it so wanted to confirm with you if there is a KSTDC hotel at shivasamudram :)?

asking this because i also use NH209 quite often and there is a serious dearth of decent hotels/ restaurants on this road. have found none with clean restrooms which can be used by females.

if there is a hotel there then it will be a good stopover place without much deviation from NH209
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All the best with your first long drive Zen. Take it easy and enjoy the drive. You do not have to prove yourself to anyone :D

BTW, if you are taking Mysore - Bangalore highway, watch out for speed breakers. At last count there were 53 of them :evilsmile

Rajan
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks to all of you guys. Yep ill stick to 110 or max 140. That is all. :)
    Nope, no way proving any body Rajan. I hate that stupid kids game.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Then do tell me, my dear man, why in the world do you want to do 140 ????

Rajan
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @arvind,
    Btw could you please list out which are the good hotels (eating) wise on this road?

@Rajan,
    Oh thats for myself to enjoy the driving of this beauty. This i do only when the coast is clear far far away. Or else just stick to 120 most of the time.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013