1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need OE Alloys Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by rajatrulz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    :evilsmile :evilsmile :lol: :lol:
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Polo wale happily buy a Polo (German) with four 15 inch alloys but a 14-inch spare tyre. They can surely compromise by buying three 15 inch alloys while retaining the fourth tyre as a 14 inch spare.

Basically, my point is Pointless :lol: but aimed at all those (including the one whom I met 4-5 days back) who say that their Polo is superior than Punto as it's German. :irked :mischievous
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ok ... so if I upgrade frm 14' to 15' ,, I neednt go for a 15' steel rim for spare ..
    I thought I may have to go for a 15' spare too as d car may drive tilted to one side with three 15' and one 14' ....

Dlp_dmk
  4. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Hi i have set of Alloys... based out of hyderabad ready to ship, contact me on +919160066604.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arrey Dilip bhai, if you want to upgrade to 15 inch alloys, better to buy a steel rim of Linea which is 15 inch and can be used as spare tyre.

Otherwise, if you want to retain 14 inch as spare tyre, then you will have to calculate the side wall thickness of the rubber tyre over it so that overall diameter of the tyre (rim + side wall) is same for all 5 tyres. Got it?
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Aye aye captain ... Instructions received clearly ...
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @MODS- We don't even have 10minutes window for editing our posts. Please look into the same.

@Dilip- e.g. in Polo's case, 15 inch alloy has 185/60R15 rubber but 14 inch spare tyre has 175/70R14.
  8. rajatrulz

rajatrulz

Noida
    Thanks for all the info guys, I was very busy today so wasn't able to check the update here.
    But its interesting to know my friend Dilip has already made some progress. I will give it a head start too.
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Who told u I have made progress ??

I m still busy researching ..... I m too lazy to roam arnd shops asking for the alloys ,,I prefer doing some research sitting in infront of my laptop ...

Do inform us , if u intend to goto Chdg. to take those alloys ..

Dlp_dmk
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Dilip- Politics :devil

HaHaHaHa. I hope both of you get a set of alloys for your FIATs. ::T