1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need inputs on Pune-B'lore-Pune trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Hello Experts,
    I am planning to do my first long drive (Pune-B'lore-Pune) with my GP on next weekend. Please let me know the things/preparations that need to be done before starting and on the road.
  2. To start with. I think for any long trip following should be carried.

• Jumper cables[/*:m:7kv04zr8]
    • Powerful Torch[/*:m:7kv04zr8]
    • Punchture Repair Kit[/*:m:7kv04zr8]
    • 24X7 Support Center Numbers[/*:m:7kv04zr8]
    • First Aid Box[/*:m:7kv04zr8]
    • COCO/suggested Bunk Locations Enroute[/*:m:7kv04zr8]

People please suggest more incase I have missed something.

@Gmittal: Try to get the status of road condition you plan to travel.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Gmittal, all the best for your trip.

We need a proper travelogue with lots of pictures from you! Please make sure you do that for us!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Fill the fuel tank to the brim
    2. Check the tyre pressure including the spare wheel
    3. Carry original documents - not just photocopies
    4. Do not forget to carry at least one umbrella. If you are travelling with your family, more umbrellas
    5. Have plenty of drinking water in stock in can or bottles
    6. Carry some light snacks like biscuits
    7. Check the tool kit including wheel spanner is there in the boot

• Are the cables and repair kit part of the car kit or do we have to buy it separately?
  5. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

• I guess we need to buy it separately. Will buy it in a day or two then update here.
  6. Ranjan

Ranjan Novizio

Navsari, Gujarat
    This is a very good trip. I did this trip about 3 weeks back. Roads are superb. Especially the ones in Karnataka after Kolhapur. I reached 180 in one of the roads in my Linea. Mind you the Rates of Fuel in Karnataka are a bit high so it is better to get a tank full just after Kolhapur.
    Roads Near Ranebanneur is a bit bad. The railway crossings and the city traffic is a headache. Then of course when you near Bangalore the entry roads is under construction ......Flyovers and a lot of work is going on. Traffic Jams are a sure thing there.
    On my trip to Bangalore from Navsari, Gujarat I stopped at Pankaj Rasidency Hotel at Karad, just before Kolhapur. Then on second day reached Bangalore.
    While coming back drove straight from Bangalore to Mumbai! Left at 5:30 morning and reached Mumbai at about 11.40. Total of 1041 Kms. You can easily cover the distance in a day.
    Well for the preparation nothing much. Being in Fiat vehicle is itself a big preparation. Believe me nothing will go wrong! Keep a rope , jumper cables, check the tyres pressure....and of course keep a lot of change money......... the 13 Rs. and 45 Rs. Toll taxes are highly irritating! Put some shampoo in the windshield wiper fluid since being rainy season there will be much muck flying about.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

How was the trip? Where is the travelogue???
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Dude I am going this weekend. :wink:
  9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

started today at 5 in the morning. Reached belgaum.