1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help -

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rams_patil, Jun 29, 2015.

1. rams_patil

rams_patil Timido

Grande Punto 1.3

I met with a minor accident accident, a two-wheeler hit my car head-on while I was waiting to make a right turn.

The bumper is cracked in the bottom, the bottom silver grill was torn out. Since the biker fell on the bonet, it has having bad dents at 4 places.

The Body shop Supervisor of Aadya Motors recommended to replace the whole bumper (excluding the top grill) and gave me a quote of Rs 22k for replacing the bumper, removing the dents on bonet, painting etc. . The supervisor said I will have to bear an amount of Rs 6-7k and the rest would be covered by Insurance.

Any thoughts whether the quote is near to reality, any procedures or checks that I need to be aware to cross-check with them.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    can you post a picture. show it to local body work shop and get an estimate from them as well.
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

@rams_patil Sorry to hear about your accident. Firstly how is biker doing, hope he wasn't hurt badly. Coming to your question, FASS gives itemized list of activities that might be required in repairing case and according to their standard price list they give a quote (22K for things mentioned in your post seems reasonable). Doing job at FASS will definitely cost you more than doing it outside but I would recommend to get it from FASS provided you are sure that they do a good paint job. Do you have zero depreciation insurance? If yes then I think 6-7 k out of your pocket seems higher else if you don't have zero dep insurance then 6-7 K seems reasonable. fyi, I had a minor accident few months back and actual cost came was in tune of 30K of which I had to pay 5K (including claim registration fee).