1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help with palio 1.2 in NOIDA.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by djdc1990, Feb 19, 2014.

1. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Dj as discusses on phone call plz make a list of all major and minor issue in ur palio and let me know.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
  2. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    well here goes with my problem list..
    MAJOR ones first..
    1-The exhaust (it makes a lot of noises seems there are multiple holes in them, most probably close to the headers cause the noise comes from the front left side a lot and the rear right might also have some holes cause that part has already been fixed (welded) twice. this has reduced my power output and fuel efficiency) the car seems to gasping for breath in the lower RPMS specially in 3 and 4 gear, infact both gears show very erratic acceleration, as if the fuel just finished. But in fifth gear it is very smooth. all round the RPM range. I really cant understand this????

2-Rust (the car had been bought in mumbai and was there for only 1 year, rest 12 years it was here in noida. Still there is rust all over the car!! especially on the bottom edges of the door and the hinges of all doors. and here and there small rust patches can be seen. i had some work don on these patches 2 years ago but still it has come back to haunt me.

3-suspension (1 year ago i replaced my rear suspensions for a second hand one, they worked fine but after 6 months it is as stiff as a rock now. mkes the ride very un comfortable.)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Now the minor ones...
    1-wheels(2 of my rims are bent and the tires have almost reached the end of its life. i can feel the wobble upto 40. i never drive my car above 60. just a safety precaution) so they will need replacing the whole set of tires and rims.

2-suspension front are also not much responsive now

3- the steering feels there is less feedback than normal

4-the ac vents have broken

5- viper needs to be replaced (both front and back)

6-boot carpet needs to be replaced

7-all the logos are missing front and back

well thats all i have in mind right now there are more but can't remember them will keep updating
    Thanks for the support guys (puneet would have called u but out of balance and to lazy to go and get a topup)
    will take the suggestion of ordering the parts but i don't exactly know which part to order and waiting on a decent mechanic recommendation.
  3. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Oops ur car need lots of attention time and of course money....wl cl u tmrw and discuss everything with u

4. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

No need to worry about bro we are here to help u

5. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    Had a talk with my father regarding all the issues with the car and told him that it will cost a pretty penny for fixing the car. with already so much money put into it and now again putting more money, that also twice as much as the car's value makes no sense. the car will be able to run for max 2 years and then again a new set of problems. so we decided to dell the car.

Seems kind of sad but there is always a silver lining, he said we could later look at buying the new punto when the dealership starts giving loyalty bonus.

a very sad end to this thread.:(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Had a talk with my father regarding all the issues with the car and told him that it will cost a pretty penny for fixing the car. with already so much money put into it and now again putting more money, that also twice as much as the car's value makes no sense. the car will be able to run for max 2 years and then again a new set of problems. so we decided to dell the car.

Seems kind of sad but there is always a silver lining, he said we could later look at buying the new punto when the dealership starts giving loyalty bonus.

a very sad end to this thread.:(