1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help with palio 1.2 in NOIDA.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by djdc1990, Feb 19, 2014.

1. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    Well guys i have fiat palio 1.2 el (Sept,2001) and it is in need of a lot of care. Its just that i been almost all the garages to get the repair work done but it seems they mess it up and it is even worse than before. These guys at mahindra service center screwed up my car really bad. Last i left in dec before going of for a long vacation . It seemed to run fine except the clutch was very stiff and brakes were a bit lose. While on vacation my dad gave the car to these guys.
    They said they had replaced the clutch plate and the brakes with new ones. It was 32000 total. After that when i came back the clutch seemed fine but the gear started to stick between 1st and 2nd. The brakes seem fine but make some wierd noise when i use them. It seems it dry.
    But worst was my exhaust kit. It is stock but now it makes to much noise. Feels like there a thousand holes in them. The power delivery has dropped to much. and chugs and feels like "kahtara". Now obviously the exhaust needs to be changed. Also many other bits and pieces.

I have very limited knowledge about the spares and service market.
    So a shout out all the fiat lovers to pls help me out here. I really love this car but i cant find even a single reason to do so when i drive it and hear that horrible sound.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why don't you try Fiat Service Center itself?
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    After reading about your plight, I think it is best that you first complain about lingering issues to the Mahindra service center. Write to their bosses and ask them about what exactly they have changed in your car since the problems seem to have worsened. Looks like you have been taken disadvantage of.

Now if you somehow don't want to go back then find an expert Fiat mechanic who has dealt more in Palios and Sienas. Ask around, be sure the guy you give your car to is credible enough and hope for the best.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Don't worry rush to nearest Fiat service center..... you will get your baby as what you are expecting.

The days are gone about worrying our cars. Fiat has already started servicing classic cars... so plan your visit as soon as possible.
  5. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    Honestly i am afraid of the cost. I went there 3 years ago to fix my fuel gauge and they said the whole tank had to be replaced with all the assembly parts. And gave me a price tag of 18000. I said id rather fill her up everyday than pay that much. The sales guy said as soon as i got out of the compound of the showroom to get it done from outside cause they exaggerate there. and the problem was fixed for just 200. it was just some wiring problem. Plus some scratch on the door and they are ready to replace it completely. A set of 4 doors bare metal is 1.2 L painting and labour extra.

I will have to go to these same people to get stuff done. and i don't have the courage to estimate what they will say regarding money once they find all the problems.
    well hoping for the best i will still give it a shot. no harm i trying right (except for a small heart attack)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was totally frustrated when i came back. But soon i had to go for my sisters wedding and there went another 15 days. After returning i was catching up with my studies. Now that has left my schedule jammed. Couldn't find the time to go there. But when ever i drive my car i feel like ... also the work done and all the dealings were done by my father when i was not here. so i don't know what all has been done and what have they charged.

Well that's why i am seeking help from people around delhi to help me out here. I have no time constraints but really feel sad for my car. I still look up here and there for any info regarding a good mechanic.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Will try that but afraid of the bill.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dont worry about the bill. Go and have a check up & find out the estimated cost.

I'm sure if you go outside your car will get lots of issues with the lowest bills. And the cost of 1.2 parts are not that expensive compared with MJD's for sure.

Labor charges might differ, then also doesn't matter when you are sure that your ride is in safe hands.
    2 people like this.
  7. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    thanks for the support bro. will try that . Also got the go ahead from my father to take it to a fiat service center. will take it as soon as i get enough time.
    Is the service center open on sunday?? keeping my finger crossed
  8. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Dj just sending my mobile number to u...call me when u feel free..no need to worry about the repair. Parts r easily available

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Palio spare parts are available at 99rpm.com btw.

@Puneet- Please do keep the discussion updated here as well so that others who are looking on similar lines may get ideas and help as well.
  10. zoombiee

zoombiee

Bangalore
    You dont need to worry. New clutch kit from LUK costs about 3-3.5k. If you need to change the cylinders add another 3.5k. Labour should be about 2.5k. The Benjo exaust for Palios sells at arnd 1.8k. I think the 32k was a rip off. My suggestion would be to buy spares from 99rpm and figure out FNGs in NCR areas. This should be pretty regular stuff for any mechanic. With Palios plz buy spares urself. 99rpm is good because he lists quality non OEM stuff too some of which is better than OEM (LUK clutches for example).
    1 person likes this.