1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help to make a decision to buy my first car.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MadhuDharani, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Zen,
    you are right bro,i dont have much TD experience,rather on actual.
    Let me tell you one hidden feature(everyone might be knowing),drive your car at top speed(say 80 Kmph) and remove the leg from accel pedal and check whether engine stalls ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sir,
    Nopes we are on topic,we are discussing about how important is TD.
  2. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.......other important factor is that for me distance between point A to point B may be a short or may be a very log, path between point A to point B may be a city road full of traffic or may be a very straight long highway or it may be a pathetic broken stretch full of path-holes and insane speed breakers or twisty ghat roads.......so I just wanted to be sure if the car I am planning to go for will be able to take me between these two points safely and comfortably :)
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Buddy, every car or perhaps most cars are built for safety and comfortable. Be it swift, i20, polo, etc. they all provide a bit of safety and comfort. What differs is that the ride quality, driving dynamics, power, breaking abilities, build quality, etc.

In punto safety is far high compared to others in terms of build, breaking, handling. But if driven crazily, even Ferrari can not help ;)

So dont stick your decision just on safety and comfortable. Infact, leg room (comfortable category) is way huge in Liva. But rest all sucks badly. Do you wanna go for it?

So list down all your requirements and prioritize them. Then you can make a better decision.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I would still say, drive a Punto 90HP and Hyundai i20 back to back on the same stretch of road.

Sit down and listen to your heart, then finally take a cheque leaf and head to the showroom.

Good Luck mate :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If you want to buy a genuine car, go for FIAT else ask a passing-by kid (strictly below 4 yrs of age!) which car he likes most (other than FIAT). What ever he names, buy it.It may not sound very analytical method of chosing a car but it is actually, there is nothing to choose between Hyundai/maruti. Service/spare argument definitely holds a validity when it comes down to individial preference. For me, i don't care if Maruti/Hyundai have spare outlets in bathrooms, i prefer a proper car.

I can suggest you a couple of alternatives too, to sound not a fanboy like Fabia and Polo, though no where in Punto's leagues but surely better cars than all the other hopeless stuff). Going 60 kms for servicing/spares shouldn't be an issue but remember, you would be compromising on safety, dynamics, aesthetics and SPECIAL feeling of driving something which gives you more grins/hr than what you have spent.

I know a few alternate adventures (may not be as extreme as going Leh in an Alto but surely worth for a try!!)

46191_573942495959214_271069007_n.jpg 303089_10150365045623360_1872248617_n.jpg mick-flaherty-on-top-of-world-s-tallest-building.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Related to the topic a bit, just now got a call from KHT SA, there is been alot of rush towards FIAT lately due to which Maruti guys have woke up and are stumbled. They too are doing a bit of customer attraction now. Good news ;)
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Nice to hear Zen..slowly indians are making the move to Fiat..Now India's Maruti is feeling heat from Italy's Fiat..
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The good or bad thing about awareness of autosector is "it doesn't add up but grows exponentially!"
    Some 50000 Palio owners spoiled a whole decade for FIAT in India, not all 100 billion people bought a Palio and experienced bad after sales.

If Indian crowd start getting the actual USP of FIAT and core qualities that others have been lacksing so badly, would result into complete annihilation of Bike makers who fancy themselves as Car makers. Still easier said than done but FIAT shouldn't lose heart.
  9. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore
    Hi,

One more query: does Punto have EHPS or HPS?
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hi Abhi, It's HPS and steering is best in class without any trace of doubt. Do keep us posted on your final decision...