1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help to make a decision to buy my first car.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MadhuDharani, Jul 25, 2013.

1. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore
    @Ravi Thanks for your prompt reply on my queries.

@zenwalker Got to do TD on free road only. Didn't get chance to try much in stop and go traffic. I also felt lag on 1st and 2nd gear. Hence I was wondering if it may really get painful to drive in stop and go kind of traffic. May be I should do test drive in B2B traffic before finalizing it. Anyways thanks for your suggestions and clarifications.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Proper gear slot in proper torque band will never give you sluggishness.trust me.

i feel more comfortable to drive diesel in B2B traffic,the torque is more than enough to drive just with release of clutch.
    B2B traffic,No painful.
  3. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore
    Right Ganges...I also feel if once I get adjusted to the proper gear and torque range, it should not be a problem to drive in traffic also. As this car has enormous torque and great power.
    Each and every coming post making me more confident in going for 90HP.
    May be I will go for one more TD and will finalize things accordingly.
    Other car I was considering is i20 diesel Asta. But as mostly said, didn't find it very convincing on ride and handling front.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Abhi,

This car has a different sense of driving quality. To ride her better, you need to understand how she reacts better. So take TD for more distane or more time. Tell upfront with SA that youll be driving for more distance or more timeline, so that he is fixes his calender. Push her into corners, bumps, bad roads and b2b, rather than just on straight road.
  5. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore
    @zenwalker

Suggestion taken :) .... will do a more extensive TD for getting the better understanding of the car.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not required bro,take my words, you will never regret with your decision. :) .
    Just do proper PDI.I'm missing those 15 horses on my ride,so i can understand what are you going to buy from 90Hp.

P.S :- I learnt driving on my punto ;) Now ODO is on 74123K Kms in 2 years and 4 months.

Please let know your good news of "booking" rather prolonging on the TD etc etc... You are on TFI
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ganges,
    No offense bro, having a practical experience will add more assurance the words we are adding here. We both know how our cars are awesome, but just by words we cant convey it to others. Either they need to be part of our journey in it or themselves be a part of a journey. So let him go for an bit of TD and get his own experience.
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I believe that FIAT is really trying hard to improve the service quality to keep it on par wit its competitors.

Especially after FIAT exclusive service centers being set up across the country. They should take this step to re-establish the brand in India.

I had always heard that FIAT has always been responsive and when it comes to warranty/part replacement etc, its indeed very generous unlike other car manufacturers.

My personal experience, I had problem with the front suspension, I agree I had to run around a bit to get it fixed, but when the time came, the service center guys said FIAT had given them instructions to replace all the components (front & back). That left me impressed, I doubt if Hyundai / Maruti as car manufacturers would do that :D

We all hope and believe that things pertaining to service will only get better over time :thumbup:

Lastly, I never feel like comparing swift to a Punto. No offense meant but what is it in a swift that people go all praise about and Punto they all have loads and loads of bad reviews to give about ?

No offense meant, I feel its like comparing sir. Amitabh Bacchan to Tushar Kapoor in Bollywood (please don't bash me for these lines, as this is purely my thought)

Take a look at build quality of swift, to me it looks just below average and not even average .when I see FIATs, just one thought comes to my mind, "these cars are definitely built to last man" !!!

About driving it in city, keep it in the right RPM band and a Punto never feels sluggish or slow or whatever people say, you just need to get used to the car and change your driving style. Of course, after using Petrol cars, diesel cars seem to be a little boring but if you know how to extract those 90 horses out of a Punto, you ll thoroughly enjoy it drive ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    ProTip: If you are keen on Handling aspects, then stay away from Hyundai i20 !!! If you just want your car to carry you from point A to point B, go for Hyundai i20, nothing like it :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I guess the thread and the posts got totally diverted from the OP original querry.

Bringing back the discussion to the OP query, I think the decision to let go of a fantastic car just because it does not have a service centre in your city is not quite logical. Madhudharani - I think you need to take a call on how the best you can make use of the Fiat service whether in Bangalore or in Shimoga. Also IMO 60 kms is not a faraway distance in case your Fiat car would need any service. What I would suggest is whenever you get an opportunity visit the Shimoga service centre and have look at the facilities, try to get the imp contact nos. For any major service you can always get it done in Banagalore, for any emergency services Shimoga service centre will be helpful. Hope this helps.