1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help to make a decision to buy my first car.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MadhuDharani, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have made my decision to buy punto dynamic , only thing my brother concern is about the service.
    He says in bangalore it fine. but the place we are staying ( kargal near jog falls) does not have service center.
    If I am not wrong SHIMOGA is the near by place to get it done. that is around 60+ kilometers. that is scaring me also.

I am totally confused what to do ?
    Do I need to buy a car (swift) only because it is having more service center ( My brother's PLAN B) ?

Please help me to make a decision.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No offence but fellows who own Maruti or Hyundai will always have last laugh.My cousin was stuck at leh with worn out brake pads in his alto and he got that changed at leh for Rs.600/-Thats the beauty of Maruti.
    2 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Madhu,
    I do agree that its of big concern of not having FASS near by, but lately the new cars quality is increasing from FIAT, even if you face some problems it will be very rare probably 1s in few months or so AFAIK. Listen to your heart and make a decision knowing the troubles of owning FIAT.
  4. aru_nj

aru_nj

Trivandrum
    If you buy Swift , You gona miss a great car . Take a test drive in Punto and Swift,, go for speed above 100 KM .

You will change your plan for buying Swift
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Aru_nj,
    He has made a thought about buying FIAT car and he is here. That already shows that he knows the true quality or value of this beauty. But the only concern he has is ASS.

@Praveen,
    Another point i would like to make is, if you happen to go through our TFIians car reviews threads, even at the worst times 2009+ where ASS was much scarce compared to now, still people used FIAT cars not coz of the problems but coz of passion, love though they had issues with it. So to convince yourself (even once i had same dilemma), go through all our expert folks review threads.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Madhu,
    Dont worry about service..Fiat's cars are very reliable..they wont let you down..My Punto never let me down anywhere and service given by Manickbag Fiat,Hubli is very good,i didnt had no horrible experience with them..go with your Heart,dont listen to what your mind says..Fiat's are joy to Ride..:)
  7. abhi_k

abhi_k

bangalore
    I also have few queries. Instead of creating a new thread I thought to use this thread only. I am planning to buy a new car. Previously I have owned Swift ZXI. Now I am pampered with FIAT Punto 90HP. Planning to book it within a week. But before going for a booking, have few queries:

1) How easy it to drive Punto 90HP in city, B2B traffic?
    2) Not comparing with Maruti or Hyundai but will face any major issue in ASS with FIAT?
    3) How easy it to maintain a FIAT car and a diesel car? As this will be my first diesel car

Please help me in making a correct decision.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It might take little time, 1-2 weeks to adjust, but I don't think there will be any issue in B2B traffic.
    In Bangalore, not at-all. You might even get better experience :).
    Now a days, not big difference. Service will be marginally expensive in Diesel.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    1) How easy it to drive Punto 90HP in city, B2B traffic?
    Zen: Why not take couple of TD of the same car which you are planning to buy? I too did that twice. But on the side note, its very nice n fun on highways and less in B2B. I guess there is a bit of lag in 1st and 2nd gear if ur in B2B traffic but once u get used to it, its all nice and kool. So take TD as much as possible till you get satisifed. Try from different dealers KHT, Vecto, Aadya.

2) Not comparing with Maruti or Hyundai but will face any major issue in ASS with FIAT?
    Zen: Quality is improving from FIAT side lately. I dont think youll face really major issues on FIAT. FIAT is reliable car unless one screw it up against its intended purpose.

3) How easy it to maintain a FIAT car and a diesel car? As this will be my first diesel car
    Zen: Unlike sheeps and boats (maruti, hyundai) our free services starts at 15K and 5k just for wheel alignments and topups. So FIAT itself has good confidence about the quality ;)

I am sure more experts will add more points to consider.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3

Please see the comments.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.