1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help to Choose Music System & Speakers for Palio D 1.9 (2004 Model)

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Raaz, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    On Sunday, I have purchased Fiat Palio D 1.9 Diesel Car (2004 Model). I still haven't driven the car, but I liked it when it was handled by the mechanic. Front and Backseat comforts are great. As of now, Its in the garage for some service and hopefully I get it on the weekend.

I would like to install a Music System with decent sounding speakers.

My Requirements:
    - 1 Din Music System
    - Should be capable of playing FLAC, MP3, WAV etc.
    - Bluetooth (With Audio Streaming)
    - Should have front USB, Aux and other goodies.
    - Decent sounding Front & Rear Speakers. ( I exactly don't know the size of the front speakers, But it may not be more than 5 or 6 inches)

Sofar, Iam thinking about Sony MEX-N4150BT . The main reason to select this one is, It can handle FLAC format files (Most of the times I hear music in FLAC only) as well as it offers Inbuilt Bluetooth With Incoming Calls & Streaming Audio.

My Budget will be 15 K and If needed, can be extended for another 5k. Your recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

View attachment 83291
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest to get in touch with mod @Italia-Linea who recently revamped his Palio and surely he must have upgraded the music system too although he has not posted anything in this regards on his Palio makeover thread. Start a private conversation with him.

Why limit yourself to 1DIN, why not 2 DIN? you could get more options there.
    Raaz likes this.
  3. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank You ghodlur for your kind suggestion. I shall try to contact with him. But If he could post the suggestions in this thread, that would be very helpful for the community as well.

BTW, I think Palio doesn't allow the 2 din interface. It's Audio System slot has 1 din space only.
  4. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi you go in for BLAUPUNKT TL130 rear and TL170 back/front BLUE MAGIC series speakers which are 3 way co axial ones with a JVC 4 channel single din. shold cost 7k with fitting and spacer rings for all 4 speakers.

I have just fitted my 2014 LINEA diesel with the BLUEMAGIC SPEAKERS and believe me they sound awesome wit the in build company provided ICE.

if you want to go in for component go for BLUE MAGIC CX 130 rear and CX170 back/front. Should cost around 9k with fitting.

Use thin spacer rings for mounting them and also use door damping for PALIO

I own a FIAT PETRA 1.6 also 9 years ago someone gifted me a single din pioneer for marraige so removed the in built one and put the pioneer one ... rear used coaxial JBL and front 5.5 inch coaxial pioneer ...

I did not do any door damping and it vibrates. Since PALIO PETRA have same door panels you must do door DAMPING to enjoy good music.

That time Blaupunkt was not available or known to me.

But BLAUPUNKT BLUE MAGIC is just awesome in sound.

If you dont get Blaupunkt drop an email to info@blaupunkt.in and they respond quickly

They made me the TL170 available in Pune at my dealers place itself so as of now they have good CUSTOMER RESPECT.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2015 ---
    DISCLAIMER: BLAUPUNKT does not pay me nor am I in anyway associated or benefitted from BLAUPUNKT to the best of my knowledge.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Raaz likes this.
  5. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank You Sagar Sawant for your suggestion on Blaupunkt Speakers. I shall consider it in the options list.

Folks, How about Rockford Fosgate P1675S 2-Way Component Car Speaker (120 watt) for the fronts? Paytm offering 46% Discount Plus 25% Cashback on them. Effective Price would be Rs. 5617. I heard these speakers are very good, but not sure whether they would fit for Palio Front side space.
  6. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    In my opinion go in for Components if you are going to use a GOOD and CLASS D amplifier with separate channels.

Thats when it will sound the best and serve the purpose of being components.

Else normal single din with 3/4/5 way co-axial is the way to go.

Also just dont go in for brand names. And specially DISCOUNTS ON e-COMMERCE sites. Usually its a DOA stock (dead on arrival which is repaired) or its old discontinued models stock.

Go in for a 50W rms x 4 single din JVC .... 3 way blaupunkt blue magic speakers TL series as told above and an active under seat subwoofer from BLAUPUNKT or XENOS

This setup will be economical and will give you great sound image.

http://xenos.co.in/car-entertainmen...54387-cat.html#variant_id=8063707-35243354387

http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/loudspeakers/products/single/5383/
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    I think the BLAUPUNKT TL series coaxial setup is the best for you considering the acoustics of the car.

I own the FIAT PETRA 1.6 which is sedan version of PALIO.
    Purely technically, High end speakers require a high end class d amplifier to make a difference in sound and sound pressure level and make the speaker perform.

Have done lot of RnD and Trial Error.

JBL and Pioneer on my Petra dont give me listening pleasure and they were the best available 9 years back models.

Both co-axials but highest quality at that time.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Raaz likes this.
  7. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sagar Sawant, Thanks again for your recommendations and suggestions.

I've no intention to install the subwoofer unless its damn necessary.

BTW, Are you sure component speakers need a dedicated amplifier to get a good sound? I think it surely deserves a discussion on that.
  8. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    yes 200 percent sure. class d amp with dedicated channel for all 4, if u r going for high quality components.

on stock ice they will sound better but not what is expected out of them.

techinically sound pressure level is what creates a good sound image

so with a dedicated amplifier pumping out say 75 to 100 watts rms per channel ... the sound pressure level is high even at low volumes and hence it compensates for poor acoustics of car cabin or multiple reflectios of soundwaves or soundwaves cancelling each other out

so rule of thumb ... high quality 3 way coaxial like blue magic from blaupunkt or g series from clarion for ice ...
    components with only amplifier
    accessories shops make u buy components for existing system as the installation charges r high components cost more so more margins
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2015 ---
    components have passive crossover which does cause some loss in spl2 n signal and hence dedicated amplifier is required that to 4 channel one at least

Passive crossovers are effective but not accurate, requiring energy from the amplifier to function (insertion loss) they reduce efficiency of the speaker system and contribute distortion especially at high power.

only high priced components speakers have very high quality crossover which is well tuned and minimal loss

but still component must on amplifier only
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Raaz likes this.
  9. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Its not possible to fit 6.5inch speakers in the front doors without extensive mods. Just keep that in mind. 5.25inch speakers can be fit though.

For the rear there is a provision for 4inch speakers however most people get a plywood parcel tray and 6x9s.
    Raaz likes this.
  10. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    i dont advocate paecel tray speakers as it becomes veey close to ears especially n long trips
    Raaz likes this.