1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help/suggestion regarding Palio Stile in Pune

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by pinnali, Dec 7, 2010.

1. pinnali

pinnali

Pune
    Gentlemen,

Mine is a very long and sad story..and request you to be patient and read it completely.. ::V I own a July-2008 Palio Stile 1.1SLX with 16000kms odo and till date was happy with no problems(Usually I get it serviced at B.U.Bhandari - Of-course not very happy but compared to Pandit, even if service was not great I felt the attitude was OK) and recently may be from some 20days there is a lot of sound soon after I start the engine and when ever I go over speed breakers/ potholes there is a huge thud sound as if something very huge metallic thing is falling down from my car and hitting the ground.. as usual went to B.U.Bhandari and reported the problem..SA had attended with warm respect and gave me an estimation of Rs.550/- I said Ok and left the car..same day in the second half he gave back a call and said Front Suspensions, struts, lower arms, ball-joints strut pads are worn-out and needs a replacement and would cost me @Rs.24000/- :A myself being an Automobile Engineer know that its not the case and even in a dream it can't happen atleast for a FIAT car.. I pleaded him not to touch my car henceforth and I rushed to the service center immediately and took back my car same day and as estimated he charged Rs.550/- for aligning my steering wheel w.r.t the wheels. :shocked
    Even before taking the delivery I asked him again if it really need a replacement of all the said parts..he in a confused note..said that yes they need replacement..I thot' its of no use discussing/ arguing with this guy..
    and very next day gave a call to my friend working in FIAT for advice and came to know that B.U.Bhandari is no more an authorized SC and they have been looting people in daylight without informing this to customers..and he suggested to visit Pandit Auto...

Took an appointment with Pandit Auto in Tilak road(got it after 7days) for which my bro & me have applied a leave for the whole day only to get it serviced..reached Pandit(Tilak road) by @ 8:35am found that its flooded with cars ::OO like Blue cool cab indicas, white taxi indicas, Indigos, Vistas, Manzas, and a very few peer FIATs..SA attended at @9:35am and have noted down all the complaints and he required 3working days for giving me the estimation and he would try for delivery of car in 7days..have requested him to atleast checkout the car give me an estimation that day so that I can take some decision but he said that he has lot many cars to look into and its highly impossible... having someother backup in mind I said I'll visit sometime later and moved to a private mechanic called Ravi(very famous for FIAT cars in Pune) whose name I have been hearing as a good and reliable mechanic for quite some time but havn't met him yet..reached his place by 10:15am and he came a bit late @11:40am..told him our problems just took a small ride...opened the bonnet and guessed that Engine Foundation is worn-out..then immediately lifted the engine with the help of Hydraulic Jack and removed the Engine Foundation and showed me..its completely worn-out..then he gave a call to Pandit Auto(Tilak road) to ask if they have the spare - they said NO, gave a call to B.U.Bhandari - same NO tried with few of his other peers - Same NO..he then just adjusted it with some other used piece(which needs immediate replacement, but better compared to mine) which he had replaced sometime ago...after he changed it..its damnn smooth and I felt like I'm driving a brand new Palio Stile..AND HE DID THIS AT NO CHARGE - NOT EVEN A SINGLE RUPEE!!

On his advice again we went to Pandit(Tilak road) to request him personally if he has any...the sales guy there said that he has it and there are three variants A,B,& C and asked us what we actually needed...also he politely asked if we can identify the part by seeing it if he shows all the three..without a second thought immediately we said Yes..by that time his supervisor came there(he was not aware of all this conversation) and asked us what we needed and we said Engine Foundation for Palio Stile 1.1SLX he said its not available and he even don't know when it is expected to come...then this sales guy spoke something in Marathi..and their conversation had gone for a couple of mins(it is understood that he scolded/shouted at this poor fellow)..and finally even the sales guy noded his head and said they don't have it...then again we personally went to B.U.Bhandari - same NO, finally we went to Pandit (Akurdi branch) there he was a nice person he had some time to check the stock and said that he don't have it and the stock shows that Tilak road branch has two sets and advised us to go there..we smiled and said that we are coming to him from there itself..and then he was quite..

till date I did not find that spare..I'm very much worried about the situation and if this is the case what is the future of my car?
    After Sales & Service of FIAT is the Worst in India and next follows Skoda..service somehow can traceout some mechanic..but what about spares??
    with this frustration..I'm planning to sellout my car and go for Toyota Etios..is it a wise decision to sell and go for a new car?
    Pls. guys..this is a FIAT forum and even I'm a FIAT lover(I own a Palio Stile and my bro owns a Palio 1.6 Sport... ) don't be biased..just understand FIAT's current situation and future in India and advice me!!

P.S.: A couple of weeks ago have gone thro' an article in Forbes Magazine about FIAT & TATA JV in India..its conclusion is that...there are tougher ahead and NO FUTURE for FIAT in India..and ofcourse this is also a major reason for this decision!!

Please help me!

Thanx in advance.

-Chaitanya

Mods note - Please avoid posting whole thread in Bold. Use this for highlighting any words/sentences.
  2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Dear Pinnali

Palio is my favourite car.

Contact Mr.Mangesh Kodalkar (Customer Care FIAT India) on
    02138-672764.

Visit this page viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9

& fire the mails to FIAT

Do not woory. Iam there. Mr.Kodalkar knows me very well.

Though I have not met him personally,but I always been in contact with him on Phone & email.

Its my pleasure to help you. Mail me OR send Private message.

If you did not receive your part at Pune,I will search the part at Ahmednagar.Stay in touch with me.

Do not go at B U Bhandari. B U has now longer dealer in TATA & FIAT
  3. pinnali

pinnali

Pune
    @Amol

ThanQ very much!!
    Actually I have my very close frnd working as Deputy Manager in FIAT, Ranjangaon..issue is not in getting this particular spare..but what about the future?

Service - Worst in entire car segment
    Spares availability - Very poor
    Customer care - Good for nothing
    and worst part is even they have stopped production of Palio Stile last before two weeks!!

Height is that FIAT is more interested, concentrating and started making strategies only for increasing sales - the last meet arranged on 3rd Dec 2010 is only part of this strategy(not because of love on customers) they just want their cars to be sold..they are not worried about customers' problems!!

Jus for an info..sales target for both Punto & Linea per month is 6000cars and they are hardly selling 800cars per month..

So is it wise to sell off these FIAT cars??
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat 1.1 stile is about to be discontinued and the spares will be hard to get. This will happen anywhere, even Maruti takes months to provide spares for Baleno.
    Since you have a friend in Fiat try to take his help to source the parts.

There is no such issues with spares with newer cars. Yes, they take sometime more time than usual, but in most cases due to delay in putting order to Fiat from dealers.

Whats wrong in this? At-least they welcomed us and we had a chance to interact with so seniors of Fiat. Go and try somewhere else, you will know which world you are living in.
  5. pinnali

pinnali

Pune
    @Ravi..

Thanx for your reply.

"Whats wrong in this? At-least they welcomed us and we had a chance to interact with so seniors of Fiat. Go and try somewhere else, you will know which world you are living in."

There is nothing wrong in welcoming people..but if you can look in to facts, sales of FIAT are down/ very less not because their cars are not good or over priced..only reason is for the worst A.S.S. and the spares availability and for your information..its not just now, even before the production was stopped getting the spares was a tough job for both Palio & Palio Stile.

bdw..did not get this " Go and try somewhere else, you will know which world you are living in." can you pls. explain a bit..
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The service experience of new owners are, mostly, similar to other manufacturers. Yes in the past Fiat has messed-up big time and that is one of the reason of low sales.

What i meant was if try similar things with manufactures, they will not entertain you, forget about welcoming.
    And if this helps anyway to Fiat's already poor marketing, we all should be happy.
  7. pinnali

pinnali

Pune
  8. pinnali

pinnali

Pune
    @ravi..

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=584

another such instance...
    come on...don't take me wrong..I'm a great lover of FIAT cars since my childhood and have been driving a FIAT since my 8th Standard!!

I request you not be biased..come out of the clouds and understand the exact situation..may be as your cars are new today you are not facing this...even I was very happy when my Palio & Palio Stile were new for two years..all the problems started only after 2yrs...when you asked me to look in to other world..tell me except SKODA who else treat their customers in such a great way?

Do you think Toyota, Maruti, Mahindra, Honda and even TATA treat their customers in this way?
    just walkin with any of the old FIAT cars to any of the showroom and see who they respond..and even a Blue-color Cool cab Indica taxi driver is treated better than an OLD FIAT car owner!!

It is a fact...come out and ask any old FIAT owner!

Any OEMs responsibility doesn't end after just selling out the car and complete the free services..its their responsibility to treat any customer as a customer be it an OLD or a NEW car!

People are not expecting rallys and races from FIAT but only good service!
    and do you think no other OEM organizes such meets?? even Maruti organizes every year since 1992!

As already shared with you its not because of the love for customers..its for their sales figures!
    and there are drastic changes and strategies being made in FIAT-India for achieving the set targets of 6k cars/mnth...and many top guys are in the spree of loosing their jobs for this!

You may for sure feel the same after 2 r 3 yrs!

So any company should first respect their existing customers be it an old or new car and offer better support and services..only then they will be able to stay in market..but not by organizing fun rallys or meets..ofcourse it is mandate but also the support and services are vital!!
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Pinnali,
    Sorry to hear your story about the non availability of the part. But there is no point in getting into arguments, that will take away focus from the main topic.

Alternatively we can try sourcing out the spare if you could get the part number from the dealer/FIAT. ]
    TFI have a wider network than the dealers and I am sure that you will get the spare from somewhere with the help of a TFI member. And I am sure that other members will be happy to help you in finding that spare.

I request all TFIans to enquire about that spare with your dealers, when Pinnali posts the part number.

Rajeev
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Pinnali write that "
    Any OEMs responsibility doesn't end after just selling out the car and complete the free services..its their responsibility to treat any customer as a customer be it an OLD or a NEW car! "

People are not expecting rallys and races from FIAT but only good service!
    and do you think no other OEM organizes such meets?? even Maruti organizes every year since 1992!

As already shared with you its not because of the love for customers..its for their sales figures!
    and there are drastic changes and strategies being made in FIAT-India for achieving the set targets of 6k cars/mnth...and many top guys are in the spree of loosing their jobs for this!

You may for sure feel the same after 2 r 3 yrs!

So any company should first respect their existing customers be it an old or new car and offer better support and services..only then they will be able to stay in market..but not by organizing fun rallys or meets..ofcourse it is mandate but also the support and services are vital!! "

I 1000 % Agree with Pinnali ::T ::T