1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help regarding ICE upgrade.........

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by prakhar287, Jan 17, 2011.

1. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Hello Everyone,
    I will be booking my t-jet in a couple of weeks till then i am researching on the upgrades i want immediately after the delivery of the car. As I live in a remote location I have to travel to a nearby city around 50kms from my place to get the upgrades.
    One of the most important upgrades i want is speaker upgrades. As going by the forum's ICE section i came across some post where people changed the speakers and were able to juice out good quality of music. On referring to some specs of the speakers i found out that the speakers were much more capable than they were exposed to. I also found out that the power output of the original headunit was just 20-30W. I then made up my mind that an amp is a must. Then came one more shock. According to some the only amp which can be used with the OEM headunit is Blaupunkt THA555PnP.
    As if this wasn't enough it is very difficult to get Wiring kit and the adapter for linea.
    SO AT THE END I AM STUCK WITH THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ICE:-
    1st- Is it true that only THA555PnP amp can be used if we want to retain the orignal headunit(Blue&me is must for me)?
    2nd- Is getting hold of the wiring kit so difficult. Is it different from the ones used in other Amps?
    3rd- What are the contents of the wiring kit?
    Please help me. I'm a rookie when it comes to car audio. I already have Siena 1.2ex which has the crappiest music system you can ever have in a car (the system is seven years old and it is fiat fitted blaupunkt unit). I was planning to upgrade it to some sophisticated system but thought it is a waste of money on a car which i am about to sell off in a cople of months so thought of doing it in my new car.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats,
    Answering your queries

1. You can use any amp that you want without losing Blue and Me or any other functionality, THA 555 or 475 and plug and play amps specially designed for easy connectivity, hence they are sought for as they you use existing wiring network. So its not necessary that you need to go for THA 555 Pnp

2. Yes, the wiring harness is different from what been used in general, this is specific to pnp nature.

3. Wiring Kit consists of two parts, a. Car specific Head Unit Connnector, b. Extension Harness (2.5mtr or 5,5mtr)

For all you queries regarding Blaupunkt THA 555 PNP, reffer following thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1476, you might get answer for some of your queries.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you can also use an amp that has high level inputs. my JBL 75.4 amp has it. similarly there are many amps that can be powered from high level speaker inputs instead of RCA in
  4. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    thanks for replying everybody. I have some more questions
    1- if i use a 555 pnp amp is there no need to change the wire which goes from headunit to speaker?
    2- if not, is orignal wire capable of holding extra load as the orignal speakers are very low powered?
    3- is it true that the orignal HU does not have a RCA Out?
    Thanks in advance.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3