1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help on Buying Punto 90HP EDIT - Now booked!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by soori, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soori

soori

Dubai
    :grin:

i20 has 80cc compressor. This is the reason for poor performance. There were instances when my friends seated in the rear seat asking me to on the AC even though it was running in low temperature for ~15 min.
  2. soori

soori

Dubai
    I had booked a Punto 90HP here in Karnataka. Which tire does the new car come in? Is it possible for me to prefer a tire from the manufacturing plant? I have apollo accelere in i20 and was very happy with the performance other than the tire noise. It's still going strong after 30K kms.

Please advice.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Soori nowaday Punto comes with Apolo Accelere tyre. My 90HP also has Apolo tyres.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hearty Congratulations!

At the 3rd January launch event, i saw the 2012 Punto Emotion 76bhp was wearing Goodyear GT3's on 15" alloys. :confused: Since last year, most cars with 15" wheels had Aceleres.

Do check with the dealer when the car arrives there. In any case, give the Punto a nice set of tires if they come either with GT3 or Acelere. The Aceleres as you rightly said are noisy indeed.

Cheers.
  5. soori

soori

Dubai
    Thanks kedarbendre & Gurjinder for the reply. Which tire is recommended? What price can I expect during the trade?
  6. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The Apollo suck. Good in terms of grip but loud as hell. On roads cement roads like Mumbai Pune expressway anything over 120 is extremely irritating. That's why I upgraded to Yokohama C drive. Only thing now i hear till 150 is wind noise.
    Only problem you have to be really careful with these tyres is side wall damage.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations soori.

This thread is closed now. Please continue your discussion in appropriate threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.